cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynn Coleman

Make fields Mandatory

I would like to be able to make some of the default fields such as problem type mandatory because I am finding that no one is putting in the information which makes reporting on the types of incidents we get impossible. I would like to be able to make problem type mandatory as well as putting in a resolution. Is this something that will be available any time soon?
2 REPLIES 2
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Make fields Mandatory

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the feedback. At the moment we're only tracking this as a feature request and I have added a +1 against this for you.

In the meantime you should be able to produce custom reports to find those records that have blank information (such as nothing in custom fields or no type selected).

Luke
JVH
Active Contributor

Re: Make fields Mandatory

I would really love this feature as well.   we have been asking for this for the past two years and it is really critical for us as a time saving.  every time a field is left blank we are having to send the ticket back to the customer requesting the information.   this can take several days which blows our SLA out of the water.   Your system does actually specify in the custom fields section that fields can be made mandatory.   if you are advertising this feature, then it should really be a feature.   🙂