cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdonis
Active Contributor

Attendees Unable to See Shared Screen (Mac)

I have a couple of attendees that are unable to view the presenter's shared screen. When a presenter shares their screen , these attendees just see black where the shared screen's content is supposed to be.

I jumped on their computers yesterday to see if there was anything wrong permissions-wise. I checked the security and privacy settings, GotoMeeting is checked in every category,  so that's not the problem. I downloaded the latest install from GoToMeeting and resintalled it. After that, I ran a test meeting where I shared my screen, and I was able to see the shared screen from their computer.

Tonight, I get another email from the same people reporting the same problem again. I am a bit stumped. Everyone else in these meetings can see the shared content except for these two attendees.

Their system info:

MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2GB / Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

No antivirus installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdonis
Active Contributor

Re: Attendees Unable to See Shared Screen (Mac)

Update, the problem is fixed. The users are now seeing shared screens from presenters instead of a black screen.

Steps taken to fix:

1.  Find the /LOGMEININC folder, located here: Users/*username*/Library/Application Support.
  2. Delete the /LOGMEININC folder.
  3. If the GoToMeeting application is installed in the /Applications folder, delete it from here too.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Download and install the latest GoToMeeting install file from https://www.gotomeeting.com/features/mac-windows-linux
  6. The GoToMeeting application should now ONLY be located in /Applications.
  7. Remember to go into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > and check all the boxes in the Privacy tab for GoToMeeting

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jdonis
Active Contributor

Sorry for the double post.

The way I ran the shared screen test yesterday got me thinking. When I ran the test, I opened up the GoToMeeing app and entered the meeting ID manually. I asked these users how then join the meeting, they said via Outlook and/or Chrome. I am wondering if that has something to do with it, perhaps a bug with those two apps? I will test joining meetings on their computers via Chrome and Outlook and report back the results. But I am open to any help and suggestions.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jdonis  Did you mention that the problem attendees can see your own screen, but not the screen of another presenter?  If so, is there any difference between your PC and that Presenter's ?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jdonis
Active Contributor

@AshC They can see my screen but can't see other presenter's screens. It's a mixed platform environment, Mac and PC. Other attendees in the meeting can see the presenter's screens.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

OK, what's different about the other presenters?  Are they on the same OS, and sharing the same materials as yourself?

Are you using the same meeting IDs as well?

jdonis
Active Contributor

@AshC Some of the presenters are the same OS, some of them are not. It's a mixed environment: Windows 10, MacOS Mojave, MacOS Catalina. The two attendees with the viewing problem are on MacOS Catalina.

The presenters are showing different material at any given time during the presentation (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc...). But the material shown shouldn't be the issue, because the problem doesn't occur depending on what materials the presenters are showing. The problem is that these two attendees are not seeing anything at all. The presenter can be just showing the desktop and these attendees are just seeing a black screen.

It's a different meeting ID for every new meeting.
jdonis
Active Contributor

Ran some test meetings last night. I hosted on Windows 10, MacOS Mojave, and MacOS Catalina, while one of the trouble Macs joined:

-via Outlook link, no issues with shared screens

-retested via opening the GoToMeeting app and entering the meeting ID manually, no issues

-used both desktop app and browser (Chrome and Safari), no issues

I'm starting to believe that the issue is now with the presenters/hosts of the work meetings being joined. They have another set of meetings next week. I will join these meetings to get a better look.

As a last ditch effort, I noticed on the problem Mac I was testing last night, the GoToMeeting app was not located in the [/APPLICATIONS] folder. It was located in [USERS/*USERNAME*/LIBRARY/APPLICATION SUPPORT/LOGMEININC.] In that folder, there was 4 older versions of GoToMeeting. I deleted the whole [/LOGMEININC] folder and downloaded a new install file from the website. The GotoMeeting app is now located in the [/APPLICATIONS] folder.

Maybe that could have been the issue? The OS was opening an older version of GoToMeeting from the library folder?

I will find out what happens next week at their next work meeting.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for the follow up @jdonis !

jdonis
Active Contributor

Update, the problem is fixed. The users are now seeing shared screens from presenters instead of a black screen.

Steps taken to fix:

1.  Find the /LOGMEININC folder, located here: Users/*username*/Library/Application Support.
  2. Delete the /LOGMEININC folder.
  3. If the GoToMeeting application is installed in the /Applications folder, delete it from here too.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Download and install the latest GoToMeeting install file from https://www.gotomeeting.com/features/mac-windows-linux
  6. The GoToMeeting application should now ONLY be located in /Applications.
  7. Remember to go into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > and check all the boxes in the Privacy tab for GoToMeeting