cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BugReporter
New Contributor

Bug: Camera is switching

Hi,

first some information: I am using a live-system, which boots from DVD. This way I always have the same software and configuration. Since 2 weeks I get some strange behaviour in Goto-Meeting. Since my configuration and software is the same, the problem is on your side. Actually this is the only reason I use a live-system. To be able to create an identical environment for your meetings.

Here is the problem:

I access a GoTo-Meeting with Google Chrome in Debian using a url like this

https://app.gotomeeting.com/?meetingId=somelongnumber

I select my microphone and enter a "waiting room". I select my camera and can see my camera. So everything is working fine.

I enter the meeting and suddenly the camera is switched. I have a bad internal cam and a great HD cam. I want to use the HD cam, which was selected in the waiting room. So in every meeting I have to switch the camera in the meeting.

This should be fixed. It's really annoying.

BTW: We are paying for GoTo, but your customer support is totally worthless, so better avoid it. He can only show you the urls to your faq.

Another minor problem: My camera image looks a little bit stretched, which is also a new "feature".

Edit: My cameras are:

- Internal camera from the laptop

- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@BugReporter  I apologize for the change in behavior there.  We are actively working on establishing a Settings area for the new GoTo experience.  Once this is in place you should be able to permanently select your preferred webcam and microphone inputs. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BugReporter
New Contributor

OK. Problem still persists.

Workarounds (if you have 2 webcams):

- In the waiting-room: Switch from the working camera to the other one and back again. The current webcam stays selected in the meeting.

- In the meeting, go to settings and change the camera back to the selected camera from the waiting-room.

I explained this issue to my colleges and my boss in the meeting this morning.

I'll mark a solution as soon as you fix the problem.

BugReporter
New Contributor

The bug is still there since several month. Even other people in the meeting have this problem. When will it be fixed?

AshC
GoTo Moderator

I'm sorry, there isn't any delivery time that I can share right now. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!