cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chet1
Active Contributor

Finally forced to the new GTM. Absolutely looking for an alternative, b/c it's worse in every way.

Where do I start?

Using GTM now forces a trip through a browser for some reason. I have no idea who thought this was a good idea, because it's awkward and silly. Previously, GTM was just an application I'd run to start my meetings. How is this better?

The "new" GTM is a serious screen hog, and has absolutely no respect for the need of a user to see OTHER things on the screen besides GTM. Again, who thought this was a good idea?

Remote control of other attendee desktops/apps is now badly broken. This was a KEY part of how we've used GTM for over a decade. Candidly, if Teams is doing a better job than you at this, I'm not sure why we pay for you.

Countless needless interface tweaks make the tool harder to use. I'm sure some sales drone or apologist will tell me you've done "research," but if it takes MORE clicks and MORE hunting to find features now than it did in the old version, the new version is therefore WORSE for me.

How do I use the old version? Because if I can't, maybe I'm not going to use ANY version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Finally forced to the new GTM. Absolutely looking for an alternative, b/c it's worse in every...

Hi @chet1, welcome to the community.

I would recommend reviewing our GoTo App User Guide or taking advantage of our free training resources to help adjust to the new UI. Enabling Flexible Layout will let you breakout GoToMeeting elements and move them to other monitors or areas of your screen. 

For now, you can switch back to the classic GoTo Meeting app to host and join meetings. 

1. Sign in to your GoTo app.
  2. From your profile icon, select Settings.
  3. From Meetings > General > Explore the new GoTo, deselectd Use the new GoTo.
  4. The next time you join or host a meeting, you will be launched in the classic GoTo Meeting desktop app or browser.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Finally forced to the new GTM. Absolutely looking for an alternative, b/c it's worse in every...

Hi @chet1, welcome to the community.

I would recommend reviewing our GoTo App User Guide or taking advantage of our free training resources to help adjust to the new UI. Enabling Flexible Layout will let you breakout GoToMeeting elements and move them to other monitors or areas of your screen. 

For now, you can switch back to the classic GoTo Meeting app to host and join meetings. 

1. Sign in to your GoTo app.
  2. From your profile icon, select Settings.
  3. From Meetings > General > Explore the new GoTo, deselectd Use the new GoTo.
  4. The next time you join or host a meeting, you will be launched in the classic GoTo Meeting desktop app or browser.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
chet1
Active Contributor

There is no option for me under Profile -> Settings -> Meetings to return to the functional version.

I have been using GTM for over a decade. If continuing to do so requires that I take time out of my day to research how to use a tool I've had for that long, then I may as well look into OTHER tools, too. I mean, part of the value of having a long relationship with a product is that you know how it works.

By fundamentally changing how it works for no good reason, GTM has reduced the value of that experience to zero. I can't even work out how to take control of another attendee's computer, which is a KEY thing I need to do several times a day.