cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBbuffalo
New Contributor

I cannot UNMUTE participants!!!!

This is causing MAJOR issues for us. I was used to muting very disruptive callers that had echoing, banging noises, road traffic, background noise, etc. I was able to MUTE those callers to ensure a good uninterrupted call. Then when they were ready to speak, respond, etc. I would simply UNMUTE them. Now I have to send THEM a request to unmute, even though I am running the conference call?!?!?! Why not have the person I muted have to send me, the presenter, a request to unmute them? This new feature has me researching other platforms because this will not work for me or my organization. I have had several calls where the participant was not able to unmute their call and they had to drop out of the conference call. It makes GTM almost unusable for us.

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: I cannot UNMUTE participants!!!!

Hi @KBbuffalo welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Sorry to hear about your experience. For the attendee's privacy, you are unable to unmute participants.

You can select the option to allow the attendee to unmute, which grants the option for an attendee to unmute at any time. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback, it has been shared with the team. 

Screenshot 2023-08-29 132943.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
KBbuffalo
New Contributor

I can see why that is a feature for the attendee's privacy, but it is not working. We have had several instances where I mute the attendee because of phone interference and then send the attendee an Unmute Request and they can't get it to unmute. It seems like when an attendee uses their computer for audio they can easily unmute themselves but when they call in and I mute them I don't recall seeing an option for them to unmute themselves; I only recall seeing the Send unmute request. If you are saying it is there, I will check it the next time I use GTM.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @KBbuffalo

One thing to keep in mind, In order to mute and unmute attendees who have dialed in by telephone, the attendee must enter their unique audio PIN when they join the meeting. When they enter their audio PIN their telephone call will be connected to their name in the attendee list. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
JoeyP

We have had the same experience. I had 5 service tickets (I also had a couple other issues) and spent HOURS on the phone with 3 Tiers of support, 2 Supervisors, and a Manager.

No Fix. No interest in making any changes.
As the next post and reply says, it is a privacy issue.

Funny that no other platform has that privacy issue.

Here is a Band-Aid fix.

Switch to Go To Meeting “Classic”.

The Mute-All and Unmute-All buttons are at the top when you click on the People icon.