cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denver1
New Contributor

Monitors Going Black When Sharing Screen

Hi,

I have found that starting a few months ago, my two external monitors constantly cycle to a black screen and then back to the normal view again and again every 2 or 3 seconds while  trying to share my screen. The cycle continues until I stop sharing my screen. This makes sharing my screen impossible as I can barely even track where my mouse is moving.

This occurs whether I'm trying to share both of my monitors or only one of them. I also tried unplugging one of my monitors and it still occurs with a single monitor setup. I'm on a Dell laptop with the main screen disabled, so I have two external montiors hooked up via HDMI with one being on an external USB-C adapter.

I'm running on Windows 10 and I have an Nvidia Geforce 1050. 

Are there any options that I can change that might be causing this to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Monitors Going Black When Sharing Screen

Hi @Denver1, welcome to the community.

Typically, the first thing I would suggest is to check for newer video drivers, but after some research that may not help. Assuming your Dell laptop is similar to the one in this Dell community post, your external monitors are not using the built-in Nvidia Geforce 1050 when connected to your laptop. Checking for updated video drivers might still be worth a try, another idea could be to use the laptop screen along with just one external monitor and share your laptop screen.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Denver1, welcome to the community.

Typically, the first thing I would suggest is to check for newer video drivers, but after some research that may not help. Assuming your Dell laptop is similar to the one in this Dell community post, your external monitors are not using the built-in Nvidia Geforce 1050 when connected to your laptop. Checking for updated video drivers might still be worth a try, another idea could be to use the laptop screen along with just one external monitor and share your laptop screen.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Denver1
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions. I ended up updating my graphics drivers and forcing my monitors to use the  Geforce 1050 via the Windows 10 settings. It seems to have fixed the problem.