cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Multiple folders in user/appdata/local/gotomeeting

I have 2 Xenapp servers that have multiple sub folders under user/appdata/local/gotomeeting  how do I stop these folders from being created? I am constantly having to clear out space by deleting those sub folders i.e. 7943,  8199, 8404, 8473, 8557, 8569. Just for one user alone I've got roughly 800mb of space being taken up by those different versions.

8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Multiple folders in user/appdata/local/gotomeeting

I apologize, Lance.  The Appdata folders are primarily where GoToMeeting software for Windows operates from.  The reason the previous versions remain is due to the need for some backwards compatibility in cases where different organizations are running variations.  I'm afraid there is not a way to automate the removal of expired GoToMeeting builds.

New Contributor

GoToMeeting Folders in AppData on Windows Terminal Server

We have a Windows server running Remote Desktop Services that users can connect to. Some of the users use GoToMeeting but the program isn't installed on the server. So when they use it they download and install the applet.

I'm trying to free up some space on the server and I noticed these folders in C:\<user>\appdata\local\GoToMeeting for the users that use GoToMeeting. If I were to delete these folders, would the necessary folders get recreated the next time that the user runs the applet? 

GoToMeeting.PNG

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Folders in AppData on Windows Terminal Server

@mgomez Those GoToMeeting version folders will return if you delete them, and a user rejoins a meeting that requires a specific build.

New Contributor

I'm just curious but why do meetings require the clients to have older builds? If the meetings are hosted on your servers, wouldn't a client only need the latest build?

LogMeIn Contributor

@mgomez Good question!  Not all versions are incompatible, but due to some feature parity and security concerns, we do expire builds quite quickly on the general time scale.  

You do not technically need to download the software--- as the Web Viewer offers most features that the desktop variation does.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @mgomez,

There are a few factors;

1. Not all customers upgrade at the same time.
  2. The software is not currently backwards compatible, meaning attendees have to run the same version as the person hosting.
  3. We preventing attendees from having to download and install a required version before they can join their meeting.

We are working on this issue in multiple ways, for example if you have Chrome installed and you are attending your first GoToMeeting, you will join via our Web App directly in Chrome with no install required. Our auto updater makes sure that all of the currently supported versions are installed and it also automatically removes any that have not been used in the past 90 days.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Hi are you able to supply a list of build versions and feature compatibility?

LogMeIn Contributor

@mike_coreit_2  While we don't have a list specifically like that, this page has the full listing of releases:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-News/bg-p/GoToMeeting-Release-Notes

** Each build is not backwards compatible.