cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pandyh

Unable to delete/modify historical room

I have used a custom name for a Gotomeeting Room (https://gotomeet.me/username/unique_meet_id) a while back and would like to use the same link again.  However, the room does not show up under my "Rooms" list so am unable to delete/edit. It only shows up under "History" and reusing the same name is blocked and I get an error message that the link is already in use. Simply going ahead and using the room worked fine for some weeks but since today it is "invalid".

Naturally I can just create a new custom link with a slightly different name but since many people already have exactly this link as a recurring invite, was wondering if there is anyway to remove this "runaway" historcal room?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unable to delete/modify historical room

@Pandyh  Your personalized GoToMeeting room is not like other meetings, and can only be updated through your online account.  

If you are able to use the custom url to launch or join this personal meeting, then it indicates the room is still actively set up there, and should be editable online. 

If the custom url you want to change your room to is taken, then it may be currently used by another organizer somewhere else, and cannot be utilized until they change it themselves. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unable to delete/modify historical room

@Pandyh  Your personalized GoToMeeting room is not like other meetings, and can only be updated through your online account.  

If you are able to use the custom url to launch or join this personal meeting, then it indicates the room is still actively set up there, and should be editable online. 

If the custom url you want to change your room to is taken, then it may be currently used by another organizer somewhere else, and cannot be utilized until they change it themselves. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!