cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartekmo
Visitor

how to test audio

How do I test audio in GTM? Any other option besides hosting my own meeting and recording it manually? Most of the platforms have a test call feature where you join a test call, record some audio and it's played back. Sometimes you can do that test while in meeting.

The "Test Your Mic and Speakers (VoIP)" article is beyond useless as the options mentioned there simply do not exist. And the "if the volume meter next to the microphone shows green bars, it is properly picking up sound" advice is worth sh*t - same as reportedly my audio in today meeting, which I couldn't check.

GTM for Mac.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: how to test audio

HI @bartekmo 

Typically seeing the mic gain is enough to confirm your audio is strong.  However to ensure that the quality is good for all attendees it doesn't hurt to host a test meeting to record the audio through the device you intend to use for live broadcasts. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: how to test audio

HI @bartekmo 

Typically seeing the mic gain is enough to confirm your audio is strong.  However to ensure that the quality is good for all attendees it doesn't hurt to host a test meeting to record the audio through the device you intend to use for live broadcasts. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!