Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Breakout Groups "Start" button not working

Hi,

I've successfully run breakouts in the past. Yesterday, I tested with:
- 2 students
- 2 organizers (myself and a colleague)

I used the activity panel to start. On chrome, the usual list of students appeared on the left, and the panel asking how many breakouts I wanted appeared on the top.

I chose 2 breakouts, and the students were automatically separated. However, I could not start the break out because the "start" button was unclickable.

I tried changing the number of breakout groups, but to no avail. 

Also:
I initiated the training and could see the activity tab. My co-organizer (who entered after I started the session) couldn't see the activity tab. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Miguel
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Breakout Groups "Start" button not working

Hi Miguel,
Sorry for the confusion there.
We are tracking another similar problem where the GoToTraining 'Start' button was grayed out, and will update the Community with further testing results soon.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Was there any resolution to this? It is happening for me, now in 2020. I have two groups, and the "start" button isn't active, so I can't break people into groups. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@KatiLT  This issue was resolved some time ago.  You should currently have no issue launching breakouts within GoToTraining.  Are you able to reproduce the behavior on newly scheduled trainings? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

This happened in a training event we had yesterday (scheduled last week, held yesterday). We started the activity, selected the folks into the correct breakout groups, and then the "start" button didn't work at all.  It was a light pink, and not active, so we weren't able to use breakout groups.