cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Confusion over pre-meeting computer/mobile checks prior to online training session

My question is as follows:

People register for GoToTraining and the automated email from the system then emails them the following link:

Test your connection.

However this seems confusing and asks for the delegate to eventually enter an ID for the training - something the registration confirmation email does not contain. The page also refers lots to audio and is branded GoToMeeting.

However I would have thought it send a link to test their connection prior to GoToTraining as:

https://care.citrixonline.com/gotowebinar/get-ready

Can you help since it seems that GoToTraining and GoToMeeting have swapped roles as such?

Just to confirm - we JUST want GoToTraining and for delegates to ensure their computer or mobile device is ready for TRAINING.

Thank you very much and still in trial mode but really loving the system so far - apart from this pre-technical niggle.

Kind regards

Jon
12 REPLIES 12
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Confusion over pre-meeting computer/mobile checks prior to online training session

Hi Jon,

Sorry for any confusion this has caused, I'll need to check with our team regarding this. We use the same software for all 3 products but I can see how this would be confusing.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Re: Confusion over pre-meeting computer/mobile checks prior to online training session

Thank you Glenn for the heads-up on this.

I am very interested to receive the feedback since what originally seemed to be an integration project over here ... might mean that GoToTraining can virtually look after many factors anyway (foregoing the posting niggle).

So very impressed with what I'm experiencing for my company so far but will be great to overcome this hurdle.

Once again thanks and welcome the feedback from yourself or via the team.

Regards

Jon
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thank you once again for your support on this.

Since we are in trial mode and it will be terminating soon - would you know if typically feedback from the 'team' is pretty quick or might take a while?

Sorry to ask and if best to contact the GoToTraining folks directly then I will do (not sure how but just asking).

Thank you very much.

Regards

Jon
New Contributor

In a couple of days I've been working off my cell phone to do all this
LogMeIn Contributor

different topic

Please reference the new conversation here: How to join GoToMeeting through mobile devices
Active Contributor

Hi Ash,

As an employee are you able to answer my question which Glenn has initially fielded?

Kind regards

Jon
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Jon,
The overall branding will continue to be 'GoToMeeting', even when some other services like GoToTraining use some of it's resources like test sessions and compatibility checks.  Sorry for any confusion there with your Attendees.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jon,

I wanted to let you know that I passed along your feedback to the product team. We have a GoToTraining branded version of the support article published and will look at updating the link in the email to point to it. The actual test connection for GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining is a GoToMeeting, this is because the software used for all 3 is the same and GoToMeeting's recurring meeting feature allows us to do this. I do not have an ETA yet for when the link will be updated, the work needs to be prioritized and scheduled along with the existing development work first but, I will update you.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Thank you both Ash and Glenn,

It is good to see that things might change and really feel it will make a big difference to the confidence of delegates testing their setup prior to the training event itself. 

I had instances last year with other software whereby the prior ability to test provided us with the realisation the remote session would not work ahead of the scheduled training and we could react accordingly.

Thank you Glenn and is there a mechanism whereby I might be notified when this change of URL might occur so I can check?

Kind regards

Jon