cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawn13
New Contributor

Re: Error with Paypal payment in Go to training

Update, I was on hold with GoToTraining for an hour before I got someone who told me to call Paypal, that they had nothing to do with it. Now PayPal is telling me to call GoTo. Super frustrating.

dawn13
New Contributor

Update, I was on hold with GoToTraining for an hour before I got someone who told me to call Paypal, that they had nothing to do with it. Now PayPal is telling me to call GoTo. Super frustrating.

dawn13
New Contributor

Another update. I removed my PayPal account that was connected to my GoToTraining planning on just doing a fresh add. It will now not even connect to PayPal to set up the account.
dawn13
New Contributor

This is the error: Error
We apologize, but an error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. For support, please contact Global Customer Support.
dawn13
New Contributor

Now it connects. I have successfully re-added my PayPal account. Hopefully registration payments will go through now.
RobM2
Active Contributor

You can see I posted on this board over a year ago.  We experienced some problems where users could not make payment that were temporary.  However, we also experienced  additional problems that were longer term, including the message "Unfortunately, PayPal can't process training payments right now. Please return later to see if service has been restored." on the Admin Panel, GoToTraining Payment screen.  One time this was resolved after our Accounting dept provided some financial documentation to LogMeIn.  However,  in another month, the same problem occurred.   Multiple conversations between finance and LogMeIn never led to a resolution.   Phone support acknowledges that other customers have issues, but say the problem lies with PayPal.   We stopped charging for our trainings.  The integration did not provide for refunds within GoToTraining anyway, so it was decided it wasn't worth the effort.   Best of luck to you in finding a resolution.  

dawn13
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I did see that.  After this event, I think I will just charge via Paypal as we would for in person trainings and send a link to the training after someone pays. Seems a waste of money to pay GoTo a fee for a service that does not work consistently. They were blaming each other, I spent hours on various tech supports yesterday. This "integration" is clearly not functioning properly and appears to have not funtioned properly for years. FYI you can refund via GoTo, if the system is working properly. 

thebrc
New Contributor

Thanks everyone for your posts. Our payment issue 'resolved' itself within roughly 4 hours and things are back up and working. Dawn...I'd love any info you are willing to share on your work flow / process for handling registrations, taking payments and then sending out the join link. Do you take their registration and then send them a payment request directly from PayPal, then mark them as paid once they have completed the transaction?

dawn13
New Contributor

GoToTraining is new for my company, we traditionally held in person workshops but just 2 months before COVID-19 hit we were preparing for online instruction instead. At this point what I will try to do first is just a direct Paypal button on our website as we have done in the past. The buttons are easy to make and you just copy and paste the html on to where you want it on the website. After payment is recieved I will send them a link to register on GoTo and just bypass the payment feature completely. We have been using the Paypal buttons since 2012 and NEVER had a problem. It creates an extra step or two but is still more convenient than renting a space and having an in person training. I will post here any hiccups or fixes after I set that up for the first time.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello, I apologize for the recent delays with Revstream support.  We noted an issue with this integration for several hours yesterday, 4-20-20, and have fully resolved the problem since then.  Please let us know if you should see any new errors with the GoToTraining PayPal integrations.