cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Be As
New Contributor

How many webcams can I run in breakouts?

I would like to use the GoToTraining breakouts to allow 4 groups of students to show their work to each other. They are required to create a coat of arms that represents their personality and strengths. 

I have two options:
1. Students will send me their work to me and I upload it to GoToTraining as PDF document, which will be seen in the breakouts. However all breakout groups will view the same PDF document, which I don't want.

2. Students will need to print out the Coat of Arms, turn on a webcam in breakouts and show the work to their group members.

I'm leaning towards option 2 but can I run webcams in breakouts and how many at a time? 
24 REPLIES 24
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How many webcams can I run in breakouts?

Hi Be As,
While GoToTraining Breakout Sessions do not currently offer webcam functionality, Attendees can screen share with one another in this format, so sharing a saved PDF or other file from their own PC should not be a problem:  https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Training/all_files/G2T040023#Availabl

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: when will go to training have the 25 camera option?

Hi Eddie,
After GoToMeting has proven the new 25 Webcam technology to be sound, we will eventually roll the functionality out for other services.  Unfortunately I do not know when this will be available for GoToTraining.

[UPDATE]  25 webcams per GoToTraining broadcast or individual Breakout session has now been implemented.

Educationadmin
New Contributor

Will you be increasing number of cameras on GoToWebinar

Hi there, the lack of cameras on the GoTo Training platform is restricting how many people we can offer training to. Is this on the roadmap?

Is there anything planned for increasing the cameras on GoTo Webinar? Or adding the GotoTraining interactive options to the GoTo Meeting platform that allows 25 cameras, for example, handouts (before / during and after the session) / powerpoint presentations/ breakout sessions etc.

Many thanks, Helen

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Will you be increasing number of cameras on GoToWebinar

@Educationadmin  Sorry, there are no plans at this time to increase the webcam feeds at this point.  I haven't heard of anything on the roadmap either for additional cross-product-features, but can't rule out a change in the following year.

Educationadmin
New Contributor

@AshCMany thanks for your reply.  Are you able to share what is planned and why the numbers of cameras cannot be increased ? Many thanks, Helen

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Educationadmin  Typically plans only start to solidify within the next two business quarters.  If and when there becomes a beta version or functionality crossover we will post them on specific threads like this one, or to the GoToTraining News pages:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToTraining-News/bg-p/GoToTraining-Release-Notes

dawn13
New Contributor

Webcam sharing limit of displayed webcams?

Can anyone tell me what the limit is on how many webcams will display on a computer? I know on an ipad it is 6, is there some documentation on the limit on a computer?

BillMurch
Active Contributor

Re: Webcam sharing limit of displayed webcams?

As far as I can determine 6 is the maximum on any device - iPad, computer, etc.

Though I'd love to be proven wrong!

dawn13
New Contributor

Re: Webcam sharing limit of displayed webcams?

Thank you. It seems strange that in GoToMeeting you can definately have more than that, I wonder why GoToTraining does not make that available? I have trainings in ASL and really need the capabilities in having more videos to display at the same time. In the same way hearing people can all be un muted and make comments I need people who use a visual language to also be able to show video and make comments.