cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg Knapp
New Contributor

If I use Manual Approve and don't approve (because the class is in person and not a webinar), then I can't use the post class email option?

If I use Manual Approve and don't approve (because the class is in person and not a webinar), then I can't use the post class email option, correct?
8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: If I use Manual Approve and don't approve (because the class is in person and not a webinar), then I can't use the post class email option?

Hi Greg,

That is correct, the Follow Up email that is sent to Absentees only goes to approved attendees. You could run a Registration Report and then email everyone directly.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Greg Knapp
New Contributor

Re: If I use Manual Approve and don't approve (because the class is in person and not a webinar), then I can't use the post class email option?

Thanks, much appreciated!
Greg Knapp
New Contributor

Glenn, maybe you know this.  We are using GTT to register students for an 'on-site' class, not webinar.  So we're doing 'manually approve' but never approving, since we don't want the confirmation emails re webinar to be auto sent. My question is, will the payment for the class be processed even though we aren't 'Approving' the students?  That's key. Thanks 
AshC
GoTo Moderator

HI Greg,
I'm sorry, but RevStream requires approval, which then send an email to those registrants.

If you have the GoToTraining set to automatically approve those that successfully pay through RevStream / Paypal integrations, what you could do is customize some of the text in the confirmation email body to address the fact that you will be hosting the training live.  If you wanted to register, but not approve attendees for the sake of documenting their information within GoToTraining, that would also work if you sent them to your PayPal account separately.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Greg Knapp
New Contributor

Ash, thank you for your thoughtful response.  Please clarify exactly what you are suggesting I customize.  My understanding is that the confirmation email cannot be customized, thus the confusion.  
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Greg, I apologize that was my mistake. I got GoToWebinar and GoToTraining mixed up and suggested that to Ash as an option for you. You would need to use the training description field to communicate any special instructions. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

You're correct Greg.  There is a way to do this with API programming, but not with the standalone Training product.  I apologize for the confusion.
I'll certainly place a product request, if there is not one already for this feature.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Greg Knapp
New Contributor

You guys are all great.  I appreciate this support option.  YES, please add that as an enhancement.  I've used GTW and love the ability to customize the confirmation email.