cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

New Online Recording feature coming to GoToTraining soon!

Hi,

I am very excited to announce that a brand new Online Recording feature is coming to GoToTraining!

With Online Recording, capturing and sharing your training sessions is going to become a much simpler process. Here is a short video demonstrating some of the benefits.

We will begin enabling Online Recording gradually for all accounts on Starter, Pro and Plus plans soon. So keep an eye out for a notification of when your account has been enabled.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
14 REPLIES 14
Michbenn
New Contributor

Re: New Online Recording feature coming to GoToTraining soon!

Glenn - I have a few questions about this (email came today announcing this upgrade).

1) Will you have the option to record as WMV or MP4, because only Windows Media Player 12 can play MP4 without installing a coderec. Many of my clients won't have Windows Media Player 12.

2) If you can't choose a different file type other than MP4 will there be a converter program so that you can download the file as MP4 and then convert to WMV?

3) Will you still be able to UPLOAD WMV files to GTT and have it generate a URL for distribution?

4) Is this change limited to GTT right now or will it also move to GoToWebinar soon?  I use both very heavily and need to know what will be effected when the email arrives saying my account has been updated.

Thanks - Michelle
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Michelle,

All Online Recordings will be MP4 only, if you share them directly from our site they will play in your client's web browser and WMP 12 will not be needed. If you need to share them directly or via another hosting service, it will be possible to download them convert them to other formats using a free tool like Freemake. Your clients could also use the free VLC media player for playback. For now this is only for GoToTraining, GoToWebinar may add it closer to the end of the year. Initially you will still be able to make local recordings as well with GoToTraining.

Carrie Hayward
New Contributor

How high quality will these recordings be? Right now, whenever I upload a Go To Training video to a service like Vimeo, it tells me that the audio was recorded at too low a resolution. And there are no controls in Go To Training that allow me to change that.
Joshua3
New Contributor

you-know-what-i-have-join-meeting
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Carrie, there should be no reduction in quality with the Online Recordings. I'd like to help you with the issues you have been having uploading your current recordings to Vimeo, our audio is 16 kHz which should be acceptable to Vimeo according to their Help documentation. Have you spoken to their support about it at all, and if so did they provide you with any more information about the issue?

Carrie Hayward
New Contributor

Yes. They told me that there was nothing they could do about a file that was recorded incorrectly and that I should adjust the settings in Go To Training.
Diane Dulmage
New Contributor

I am trying to figure how I can share a group of videos in 1 place, so I can share a link to all our previously recorded videos with various titles noted  - is that available on GTT?

also - I have a number of MP4s that we have from GoToMeeting and they often have viewing problems on other platforms .  Should we download this GoToCconverter.exe and then run them through that to clean them up for open viewing?
Diane Dulmage
New Contributor

I was thinking to upload to Vimeo but now will wait till my question below is answered.  If I can host the recorded videos on GTT and have 1 place to send people to view them all, then that may be best quality>
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Separate topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Need help sharing recordings.