cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sharing google doc in Breakouts

Every time I try to share a google doc in a session I get an error message. Is this a known issue or is there a work around?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Sharing google doc in Breakouts

Hi Karen,

Sorry about that.  Errors are uncommon as long as you're going through the normal upload process through GoToTraining Activities.

Did this just start happening?  Has it worked previously for you?

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is the first time I have tried sharing a doc in breakout rooms. I have tried using Chrome and also IE. Both give error messages

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry, could you be more specific about the error message itself?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Have you tried adding the Google Drive Doc while in the GoToTraining session, through the G2T control panel?

Highlighted
New Contributor

This happens to me every time as well. I see the doc in the list, I select it and share it but then receive the same feedback message as shown. Is this because it was created by my G-Suite account?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

The Google doc use in breakouts is spotty at best, especially with students spread across the planet with iffy internet connectivity.  What I found works is:
1) Have the students use a back channel - skype works - for voice communications as chrome drops voice connectivity pretty frequently
2) If a student's connection drops they are thrown out of the group.

3) Once the break out is launched, if the student's connection drops they do not automatically go back into the group to which they were assigned.  The instructor also can NOT drag and drop the students between groups after the breakout is launched.  Instruct the students to keep refreshing their google chrome browser until they randomly wind up back in the right group.