cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcblack
New Contributor

Why is GoToTraining not keeping up with other on-line platforms?

I've noticed that other products support virtual backgrounds, alternate screen sources (beyond just screens - e.g., cameras, videos), more flexible polling (types of questions), etc. Is GoToTraing a dying product?

I ask these questions because our management is now considering other product offerings, and I am surprised LogMein is not keeping up with the competition.

Note: Our trainers and clients use a variety of platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux) and expect full support. So I know it is not an easy task keeping up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Why is GoToTraining not keeping up with other on-line platforms?

@dcblack  I know new development for GoToTraining has been limited, however we are almost ready to launch a new, unified experience where cross-feature functionality will become available, combining the GoToMeeting / Webinar / Training abilities.  Keep an eye out on the 'What's New' article for the latest updates... 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WHD
Active Contributor

I teach for clients who make me use Adobe Connect and Zoom.  I still think that GoToTraining ca. 2019 was a better product than those platforms today.  Zoom's polls are not stored in a location where you can pull them into new classes quickly and efficiently and doesn't have space for shared files.  Adobe Connect is Byzantine - you can't do hybrid dial-in and VOIP and also polling has to be set up afresh for each class - waste of time!

I look forward to teaching another GoToTraining course, I used the Google breakout feature last time I taught in GoToTraining, and liked it.  more flexible than Adobe Connect by a lot.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@dcblack  I know new development for GoToTraining has been limited, however we are almost ready to launch a new, unified experience where cross-feature functionality will become available, combining the GoToMeeting / Webinar / Training abilities.  Keep an eye out on the 'What's New' article for the latest updates... 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!