cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimberly Bridge
New Contributor

Why is it I am unable to give control of my mouse and keyboard to participants that are outside of my agency?

I am a state trainer and have individuals who sign up to take my training that are with my state agency and that are outside of my state agency. I am able to give control of the mouse and keyboard to persons within my agency to allow hands-on practice with the materials I am presenting. However, I am not able to do that with my participants who are outside of my agency.
7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Why is it I am unable to give control of my mouse and keyboard to participants that are outside of my agency?

Hi Kimberly,

From what you describe I would have to assume it is something on their computers that is preventing them from controlling your computer, but it is difficult to say for sure without more information. Perhaps you could call our toll free Support and hold a test session with them, see if they can control your computer?

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mark Carter
New Contributor

Re: Why is it I am unable to give control of my mouse and keyboard to participants that are outside of my agency?

Clearly gotomeeting has an issue with give keyboard and mouse feature, says a lot about the company that they can't even acknowledge the problem. I was just conducting a demo for my company and could not give the mouse control to other attendee, not even listed in menu...moving on...
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Mark, if your attendee was connected via our web or mobile apps, they would not be able to take control of your keyboard and mouse. They would need to switch to the desktop software, an option to do this is displayed in the web apps control panel.

Carlos Rios
New Contributor

i absolutely hate that it defaults to the web version. without the ability to switch to the desktop version. i tried for 30 minutes on 2 different meetings. its a headache. 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Carlos, if you are the organizer you can disable the Web App from your meetings by logging into your account and going to Settings. If you are an attendee and you are joining from a computer that meets our System Requirements, you can switch to the desktop version at any time via your control panel http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/help_files/G2M030003?title=GoToMeeting+Web+App#Switch2

Carlos Rios
New Contributor

i am the organizer. thank you for helping. can you please be VERY specific on where to change that setting (starting on what exactly i click on once i have gotomeeting running)? I usually start a gotomeeting from the website, i click "host a meeting", then the window pops up. i do not see "settings". just a gear and "preference".
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Sure, just log into your account on the website and click on Settings at the top of the page.