cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trainer2023
New Contributor

Can an attendee egister mutiple times for same recorded event

I have a recorded event that is available on-demand. If an attendee registers and views the webinar multiple times, does GoToWebinar track them as unique attendees? For example, an attendee registers, watches the first half of the recording, closes out GoTo then at a later time, registers again to watch the remainder. Or, if they simply view the full webinar multiple times, how is that tracked?

I've done some testing myself and so far it appears only the first registration and attendee data is available. Which is difficult from a compliance perspective. I need to be able to track if an attendee views the entire presentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Can an attendee egister mutiple times for same recorded event

Tracking repeat registrations is not currently planned. Once you register the first time the On Demand webinar starts playing, but you are also emailed a join link which you can use to start the webinar whenever you want. There's no actual need to register again if you didn't finish it the first time, you can just click on your join link to launch the webinar again. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Trainer2023, welcome to the community.

For an On Demand webinar, the Attendee Report will show who registered and when, but currently we do not capture their exit time. I am checking to see if this is on the roadmap for 2024. Since you mention wanting this for compliance my recommendation would be to include a survey that opens at the end of the webinar with a question that can only be answered if you watched until the end.

Trainer2023
New Contributor

Hi Glenn, thanks for the information. Do you know if the ability to track multiple registrations by the same user is on the roadmap as well? For example, myself and a colleague registered for the same on-demand twice and it's only tracked our first registration.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Tracking repeat registrations is not currently planned. Once you register the first time the On Demand webinar starts playing, but you are also emailed a join link which you can use to start the webinar whenever you want. There's no actual need to register again if you didn't finish it the first time, you can just click on your join link to launch the webinar again.