cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninna
New Contributor

Connection Failed

I have been using Go To Webinar for a few years now, and I never had any issues. Now I cannot get into my webinar, no matter what I try. It just says "Connection Failed. Please check your internet connection and try again." It does not matter if I turn my firewall off (!) or anything. It just does not work. I have great wifi at home and at work. I have tried 3 different laptops.I have tried multiple browsers. Nothing works. I have an important webinar tomorrow and I cannot get in. I really need some help. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ninna
New Contributor

Re: Connection Failed

Hi Glenn, 

Thanks so much for your reply. I was loosing my hair here, as the webinar i have tomorrow is quite important. But I found the reply in an older thread, after browsing for a while. It was simply that I had to verify my email address on my Go To Webinar settings. And reconfirm my name and last name. Jhes! I do not know if any developers are reading this, but I think it would be a good idea to re-name that error box, so it is easier to fix. 

Thanks so much for your reply again!

All the best

Ninna

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Ninna, welcome to the community.

It definitely sounds like something is blocking the connection to our servers and since you have tried 3 different computers on your network, I would assume it's your Router. I would suggest: 

1. Powering off your Modem and Router for a few minutes 
  2. Powering your Modem back on and waiting 2-3 minutes until it is fully connected back to your ISP
  3. Powering on your Router 
  4. Once you are back online try GoToWebinar again

If you see the same error message please give our toll-free support a call so they can troubleshoot directly with you. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Ninna
New Contributor

Hi Glenn, 

Thanks so much for your reply. I was loosing my hair here, as the webinar i have tomorrow is quite important. But I found the reply in an older thread, after browsing for a while. It was simply that I had to verify my email address on my Go To Webinar settings. And reconfirm my name and last name. Jhes! I do not know if any developers are reading this, but I think it would be a good idea to re-name that error box, so it is easier to fix. 

Thanks so much for your reply again!

All the best

Ninna