cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannen
Contributor

Error message when playing an uploaded video

Uploaded three MP4 videos to played during an upcoming webinar. Did a test/rehearsal today and when we try to play the videos, we get a message saying "Sorry, this portion of the webinar cannot be viewed on your device". Three of us got that message on three difference devices. What is causing this issue and how do I fix it so we can play the videos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Error message when playing an uploaded video

Thank you. I have not found any other reports of similar issues recently and from your description I suspect the issue was with the initial upload, possibly the files were corrupted or incomplete. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Shannen,

• Were you using Practice Mode or did you start the webinar early to practice? 
  • Can you share more details about the devices that were being used? Windows PCs, Mac, Smartphones?
  • How were the videos you uploaded created? Even though they are MP4s there maybe a compatibility issue
  • Have you shared videos successfully in the past? If you have could you try adding one of the past videos as a test and try to play it in a new rehearsal? 

Shannen
Contributor

Hi Glenn. My answers below. Thanks.

• Were you using Practice Mode or did you start the webinar early to practice? I was using Practice Mode
  • Can you share more details about the devices that were being used? Windows PCs, Mac, Smartphones? 2 HP laptops and 1 Dell laptop
  • How were the videos you uploaded created? Even though they are MP4s there maybe a compatibility issue  They were sent to me by the presenter, so not sure how they were created, but definitely look professionally done
  • Have you shared videos successfully in the past? If you have could you try adding one of the past videos as a test and try to play it in a new rehearsal? Yes, have played videos many times in the past

The videos did initially play last week but wouldn't play yesterday.
I just deleted the 3 videos and then re-uploaded them and now they are playing.  But of course, I'm still nervous about what caused the issue and if it could happen again. My webinar is tomorrow.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. I have not found any other reports of similar issues recently and from your description I suspect the issue was with the initial upload, possibly the files were corrupted or incomplete. 

Shannen
Contributor

Thanks for looking into this. I hope that's the case, but the videos did initially play correctly and then a few days later they didn't work. So that makes me nervous, but I am hoping for the best as my webinar is today. I just did another practice session and they played correctly.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Please let us know if you had any issues playing them today in the live event. I assume you are using GoToWebinar Classic and have not opted into the beta program which uses the newer GoTo App?

Shannen
Contributor

The videos played correctly! I have another webinar on 10/17/23 which also has a video, so I'm crossing my fingers for that one as well. And this is the first I have heard of a newer GoToWebinar app so I assume I am using the classic version. Thanks.