cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregory_acerta

Full screen mode, part of screen is being cut off

Hi guys,

Maybe this topic has been brought up before, but I didn't find it. 

We are using GoToWebinar as a way of talking about a topic by showing a powerpoint presentation and have a presenter talking the audience through. But, we're having some trouble with finding the right dimensions for our powerpoint presentations, since our logo is being cut off at the bottom, or certain phrases aren't showing because they're too far down the slide. 

Can anyone tell me the correct dimensions of a powerpoint presentation to use in GoToWebinar? 

This would save us a lot of time, editing the powerpoints. 

Cheers guys,

Gregory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Webinar Chick
Contributor

Re: Full screen mode, part of screen is being cut off

Happy Friday!  The logo or bottom cut off of slides has been a challenge ever since the latest version came out.   After it became an issue for my clients,  I discovered the best guide for fixing this.  It is PowerPoint itself.  

Go to the VIEW mode, click on Ruler, Gridlines, and Guides.  Your screen will look like a piece of graph paper which is good.  line guide.pngThe best place is between 4 and 5 dots up from the bottom.  You should do the placement on your presentation master template.  I have recorded multiple videos testing this and this is the best option I have found. 

Good Luck.

Sharyn

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

There is no specific size or aspect ratio for the GoTo.  You might try reducing the resolution on the presenter's computer monitor to see if that helps. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You could set up the PowerPoint show to "show in a window" rather than full screen, and then tell GoTo to show the PowerPoint window rather than the full screen.  That might work.

You might also try starting the PowerPoint show before or after the screen is shown to the GoTo audience. 

I had the same issue this morning with a presenter.  I reassigned the presentation to me, then reassigned it back to the presenter, and it worked after that.

Webinar Chick
Contributor

Happy Friday!  The logo or bottom cut off of slides has been a challenge ever since the latest version came out.   After it became an issue for my clients,  I discovered the best guide for fixing this.  It is PowerPoint itself.  

Go to the VIEW mode, click on Ruler, Gridlines, and Guides.  Your screen will look like a piece of graph paper which is good.  line guide.pngThe best place is between 4 and 5 dots up from the bottom.  You should do the placement on your presentation master template.  I have recorded multiple videos testing this and this is the best option I have found. 

Good Luck.

Sharyn

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Thanks Webinar Chick. I never encountered that until today when I was trying to get a remote presenter on the screen.  Luckily this was just a practice webinar.

In my case, the left side of the image was cut off, not the bottom edge.

I think this is an issue with newer computers able to output a higher resolution than GoTo can handle.  I'm going to have to get a newer computer and check out my theory.

Webinar Chick
Contributor

Chris, the same process works.  You just have to play detective.  Put three logos on the graph and then host a webinar.  You will see which one on the left works for you.  Crazy, I know but it works. 

View Grid style in PPT.png

jewelie363
New Contributor

I was having the same problem.  I was practicing and noticed that if I use the "Clean" monitor view it cut the bottom of my ppt off, regular screen view did not.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

"Clean" allows you to share an entire screen except for the Windows Taskbar.

Glenn-IRMI

Very strange that GoTo Webinar has not answered this problem. Have not had this problem until today. 
Had two presenters that PPT slides were cut off at the bottom. The third one was fine.
We checked every display setting, resolution, etc. could not fix it.

We will try using share screen (not clean) . We are told clean mode does cut off part of the viewing window or screen. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Yes, sharing a "clean" display will cut off the bottom of the PowerPoint slide.