cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navercloud
New Contributor

Latency issues on GoToWebinar Recorded type

Hi, 

We are currently using gotowebinar in South Korea as a host, and most of the attendees are watching our webinars in the same place.

However, whenever we host a webinar, there's always a latency issue. 

I think it's not related to the number of attendees since it always happens every time no matter how many people attends.

So I wonder, if there's any solution..maybe settings about CDN or other kinds of things.. 

We've been suffered this problem for a very long time, hope someone can help us, seriously.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Latency issues on GoToWebinar Recorded type

Can you describe the latency?

Are two people on their own devices sitting next to each other and notice that one is behind the other?  If so, that is the nature of the Internet where data is broken up into packets and sent through the internet to be reassembled at the other end.  As long as the Internet is set up the way it is, there will always be latency no matter what program you are using.

If two people are in the same room both connected to the same webinar, the speakers need to be turned off on one of the devices.

navercloud
New Contributor

To be more specific, the video is choppy, not just once more twice, but every few seconds.

It's so hard to concentrate on webinars, attendees always send us QnA about the video performance. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@navercloud  Latency from a broadcast perspective can have a lot to do with your local area network connection.  Avoiding this, I would suggest a direct connection (not WiFi) when you are sharing webcams + desktop + VoIP audio.  Secondary to this, you may even consider testing through an alternate network to see if there's any improvement.  You can always run a trace route to "egwglobal.gotomeeting.com" to see what the individual stop times are at each IP. 

If you are recording these sessions, do you notice the same latency in the video file? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
navercloud
New Contributor

I think it has nothing to do with my network environment. 

If it was a live session, maybe, but we always use recorded type, so attendees watch our VODs.

At first when I check up my webinar as a preview, it was fine, but if I streamed this online as a webinar, it was choppy.

But these days, even the preview is choppy sometimes.

Of course the video is totally fine on my desktop, and on youtube.

What shall I do? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@navercloud  Are you saying the distortion is limited to only playing videos, and not when screen sharing your local desktop? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!