cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kurysc
New Contributor

Network ports for GotoWebinar WebApp

Hello Support,

Can you please provide a list of network ports and destinations required for GotoWebinar WebApp?

I have reviewed the Allowlisting and Firewall Configuration at Allowlisting and Firewall Configuration - GoTo Training Support but there is no mention of port 3478/tcp, which is blocked when I'm connected to corporate network, when not connected to corp net this port is showing as established.

I have contact support by phone and they mentioned that there is a new GoToWebinar platform and new port requirements may not be posted yet but developers may have this information.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Hess
GoTo Contributor

Re: Network ports for GotoWebinar WebApp

To chime in here, port 3478 TCP/UDP is used by the new GoTo App or the browser based versions of GoTo for Turn server connections.
However, there is a fallback to port 443 TCP, in case 3478 TCP is blocked. So its not mandatory.
We will make sure the main config page gets updated.

The use of the various ports in the context of the new GoTo App is described in detail here (incl. Port 3478):
https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/minimal-firewall-settings-for-the-goto-app
This page also details the subnets for which this port is used and lists the minumum requirements for various setups, which are much fewer than listed on the overall firewall page.

Please be aware that GoToWebinar currently for must customers still runs on the legacy version, which would use TURN server and Port 3478 only for the Web clients, but not for the Organizer app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @kurysc welcome to the GoTo Community. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The support article should be up to date but we will check with our developers if there could be any reason why the web app would use that port. In order to pass this on to our team could you let me know a bit more on about your setup including: 

• What operating system are you using. How did you identify that GTW was using that port?
  • What hardware are you using? Note that we do list the port range 3000-4000 for using InRoom Link. 

Thanks!

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
kurysc
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

I’m able to replicate issue on Server 2022 and Windows 10.

I identified the port by filtering traffic in ‘SYCSENT’ status using the ‘get-NetTCPConnection’ powershell cmdlet and it shows GoTo ip address 173.199.8.74 (see below). When I test outside of corporate network (no firewall blocking), I can see the established 3478 and 443 to GoTo server.

Hardware for Server 2022 is vmware and HP laptop for the windows 10.

What is InRoom Link and what does it have to do with GotoWebinar? I agree it does have a port range that 3478/tcp is in but in my testing only 3478 shows up and no other port in that range.

Can we get confirmation from developers that 3478/tcp is needed for the WebApp?

Also, the reason why I’m using the WebApp version on Server 2022 is because the GoTo Opener doesn’ t work on our Server 2022 Citrix server, is there a version of GoToWebinar for Citrix?

Inside test

kurysc_0-1674579218961.png

Outside test

kurysc_1-1674579218963.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@kurysc thanks for the additional information and screenshot, it's very helpful.  This information has been passed on to the team for review. I'll let you know when we have further updates. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Robert_Hess
GoTo Contributor

To chime in here, port 3478 TCP/UDP is used by the new GoTo App or the browser based versions of GoTo for Turn server connections.
However, there is a fallback to port 443 TCP, in case 3478 TCP is blocked. So its not mandatory.
We will make sure the main config page gets updated.

The use of the various ports in the context of the new GoTo App is described in detail here (incl. Port 3478):
https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/minimal-firewall-settings-for-the-goto-app
This page also details the subnets for which this port is used and lists the minumum requirements for various setups, which are much fewer than listed on the overall firewall page.

Please be aware that GoToWebinar currently for must customers still runs on the legacy version, which would use TURN server and Port 3478 only for the Web clients, but not for the Organizer app.

kurysc
New Contributor

Hello GoTo Support,

Thank you for the clarification. I'll request ports to  be opened and let you know if still getting issues.