cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony Gallo

Re: Using a DSLR camera as the conference webcam (Blackmagic Ultrastudio minirecorder incl.)

Hi Robert,

Did you ever figure out this issue? I'm able to get my DSLR to show up on GTW by using Sparkocam. However, it seems the DSLR's internal mic doesn't work for livestreaming and I don't have the external mics yet to test the audio. One thing I'm looking at trying is the Beachtek Mcc-2 2-channel audio adapter. This thing allows you to plug two external mics into your dslr, as well as gives you basic audio adjustments for each mic. I'm hoping to get two lav systems and running them through the dslr.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Using a DSLR camera as the conference webcam (Blackmagic Ultrastudio minirecorder incl.)

I would connect the mics through a USB preamp and then into the commuter through the USB port. Tell GTW to use that USB device as your audio source.

If you already have the Beachtek MCC-2, you can get a cable like this one to connect the output of the MCC-2 to the USB input on your computer rather than connecting to your camera.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/676980-REG/DJ_Tech_MINI_2_USB_Mini_2_USB_1_8_to.html
Jonathan Jacobs

@Robert If you have Wirecast installed, you can create a "Virtual Camera" that will be recognizable by GoTo Meeting.  The option for that is under the output menu and should allow you to send the audio and video from the BlackMagic card to GTM.
OverniteProd
New Contributor

HDMI to USB camera max resolution for GoToWebinar?

I'm looking to up the quality of and want to use a DSLR camera with HDMI out. I've got the HDMI to USB interfaces sorted now and have it down to several options. The Blackmagic Web Presenter outputs 720p via USB or a variety of Epiphan and AV.io converters that range from 720 to 4K output. Anyone have an idea of what the max resolution for GoToWebinar webcams is?

I found an old thread from 2015 that says Webinar has a max resolution of 720p and just wanted to make sure that was still correct? 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: HDMI to USB camera max resolution for GoToWebinar?

I don't know the max, but higher resolution means much more data being sent, which means that attendees using wifi might see jumpy video.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: HDMI to USB camera max resolution for GoToWebinar?

@OverniteProd Each webcam can share at 640p x 480p, streaming up to 30 f/s. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Quick_Cutter
Active Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

11 Feb Second Update - The desktop apps for GTT and GTM won't work with the ATEM unless you can find an "IT Professional" who can whitelist certain ports in Windows 10 systems to allow them to receive video for GTT and GTM.  In other words, unless you want to screw with your registry files in hopes of making GTT or GTM work, you might want to investigate other web conference providers that just treat the ATEM Mini like a webcam.  (It looks like Chris was using a Mac, so it looks like Macs don't have this problem)

11 Feb Update - this post was marked as an answer too soon.  Got the ATEM Mini, and it works with everything EXCEPT GoToTraining and GoToMeeting.  Support is telling me that the ATEM is "too professional" for GoToTraining and it only supports simple webcams.  Still trying to make it work, but not looking good.  This could be a deal breaker for GTT going forward.

ORIGINAL POST:

Thank you - this is really helpful.  I ordered an ATEM Mini earlier this week and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.  This device will do a lot to make my GoToTraining sessions a lot more professional.  I've been frustrated a long time by the inability to zoom smoothly and control the focus of webcams, and now I can use a real camera to capture my video.

gmacnv
Active Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Chris

Congratulations! As a very frustrated GoToWebinar user I'm envious. I don't think I'm going to go your route. I think GoToWebinar should deliver a turn key solution for its Customers rather than have its Customers shoehorn in a workaround by paying for additional add-on's and operate multiple computers to make our presentations work.  Again...congratulations.

gmacnv

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@gmacnv If you have those videos available on their own, you may also upload them individually to a scheduled webinar.  Is there any reason this solution does not work in your use case?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
gmacnv
Active Contributor

AshC

I do that already but that doesn't help when you have 12-15 videos in my PPT presentation. Webinar only allows up to upload five videos. To get around that constraint, I use video editing software to compile 2-5 videos into one video which allows me to squeeze 15 videos into five uploaded videos. The problem with that approach is i'm now forced to present 3-5 different subject matter and then rewind so to speak and go to the compiled video and repeat the discussion. It disrupts the whole flow of the presentation which is animated and scripted; this jumbled presentation format  is challenging for the presenter to present and for participants to follow. Secondly, jumping back and forth between PPT and video is another disruption, adds time to the Webinar which in turn reduces the amount of subject matter presented. Uploading videos has created more video editing work for me. And whats really bad, uploading videos has also forced me to make two separate and distinct presentation versions, one for in-person presentation and one for a Webinar presentation. Creating and maintaining two presentation baselines (times 10 individual presentations for a total of 20) is enormous and frustrating. So...No...uploading videos is not a workable solution. To me, uploading PPT (with embedded video) is a basic and expected business function. As soon as my presentation window is over I plan to look for alternative providers.

gmacnv