cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESmith

Recording also captured cursor of organizer using control panel.

We recorded a webinar which we rebroadcast as a recorded webcast. The recording, disappointingly, also captured our computer cursor running across the screen. While it did not record the organizer dashboard, it recorded my cursor locations where I was managing the webinar (mute, show camera etc). This resulted in a very distracting little arrow moving around our entire presentation. How do we ensure this does not happen in future recording sessions? I was also disappointed that it showed the controls to forward the power point slides, which was also a location where our cursor was distracting--it captured everytime we moved the cursor to forward a slide. Looking for how to suppress these things for future sessions.

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Recording also captured cursor of organizer using control panel.

Hi @ESmith welcome to the GoTo Community. 

To ensure that your future webinar recordings do not capture the cursor movements and other distractions, you may want to try the following: 

Use Presentation Mode in PowerPoint:

If you're using PowerPoint for your presentations, use the built-in "Presentation Mode." This mode hides your cursor, and it also removes the controls for forwarding slides, making the recording cleaner.

Utilize a Secondary Monitor:

If you have a second monitor available, the recording on the primary screen will only capture your

presentation, and the cursor movements on the secondary screen won't be visible.

Practice and Test:

Before each recording session, run a test recording to ensure that everything looks and works as expected. This will allow you to identify and resolve any issues beforehand

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training