cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony Santiag1
Active Contributor

Registrants autofilling in the custom question field with the first line of their address :(

My registrants are autofilling in the custom question field with the first line of their address, instead of answering my custom question. How do I stop this happening? I want their answer to my custom question, not the first line of their address 😞

Anyone else getting this issue? Is it a browser issue, or to do with the way the forms are set up? The questin I ask is very speciic and asks what their issues are on a particular topic. The wording isn't even remotely similar to "Address line 1"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Registrants autofilling in the custom question field with the first line of their address :(

Thank you. Interestingly, Chrome only offers to fill the first custom question when I click into it to answer, and I suspect that is because it has the word 'address' at the end. If you replaced the word address with resolve, or improve I think the registrants' browsers would stop offering to auto-fill that question.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Registrants autofilling in the custom question field with the first line of their address :(

Hi @Anthony Santiag1, welcome to the community.

It's a browser issue with the autofill feature, what is the order of questions on your registration page? Do you have one live currently that we could take a look at?

Anthony Santiag1
Active Contributor

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. Interestingly, Chrome only offers to fill the first custom question when I click into it to answer, and I suspect that is because it has the word 'address' at the end. If you replaced the word address with resolve, or improve I think the registrants' browsers would stop offering to auto-fill that question.

Anthony Santiag1
Active Contributor

Thanks for the tip GlennD, I hadn't thought that that word 'address' in a different context might trigger the autofill from the browser. I'll get it changed and hopefully this resolves the issue.