cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veronikak
New Contributor

The webinar was recorded, but it is not in the video library.

Hello,
for the first time it happened to me now that today I hosted a webinar that ran for a little over 2 hours, it was recorded, but the video is not available in the video library. The WEBM file I have on my PC cannot be converted to another format, it reports an error. So is it possible that there was some error in the recording and the recording will no longer be available?
Overall, it seems to me that lately it's taking longer to record videos.
Does anyone have any advice, has this happened to you?
Thanks a lot
Veronica

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: The webinar was recorded, but it is not in the video library.

Hi @veronikak  welcome to the Community,

It appears your recordings are set to local recording if it's available as a WEBM file. Only cloud recordings will go to the Video Library.  See this guide on how to manage the two. 

WEBM files should play back in your web browser, or you can convert it to an MP4 using the instructions in this post

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
veronikak
New Contributor

Re: The webinar was recorded, but it is not in the video library.

Good morning,

thank you for the information. But I've already tried everything. The converter tells me that the WEBM file is damaged and cannot be loaded or converted. I have done hundreds of webinars and there has never been a problem. The video recording was automatic as always, but this time it was not saved to the library.
I have no idea what the error could have been, it's a mystery. However, I hope it was a one-off. Records are important to us.

Nice day
Veronica