cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
planetf1
New Contributor

Unable to get goToWebinar to work in Safari

Hi,
 I am unable to get gotowebinar to work in Safari or Chrome on macos (Ventura beta 22A5358e)

My current issue is that on clicking the URL I get a popup 'Do you want to allow this page to open 'GoTo Opener'. Nothing happens on clicking Allow

I did previously download GoToOpener, though I wasn't clear what to do with it. I copied the app into Applications & double clicked, but no UI comes up, just bouncing icon. Clicking the URL/open opener again didn't launch a meeting.

There seems no web-only option to join the meeting (we with, say webex).

Eventually I was able to join via mobile, but this was a disappointing experience. Should I expect it to work in this environment?

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Unable to get goToWebinar to work in Safari

Hi @planetf1, welcome to the community.

I apologize for the frustrating experience, as the Mac OS you are using is still in beta it is officially not supported yet. 

The GoTo Opener is a companion app that installs and launches the actual GoToMeeting software on your computer.  Normally what will happen is after you click on a meeting link the GoTo Opener runs (in whatever browser you are using) and downloads and then launches the GoToMeeting software which connects to your meeting. When you have time, could you please try to join our test meeting and let us know if the same thing happens?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
planetf1
New Contributor

If I go to the test meeting (without an account) I get

’Do you want to allow this page to open “GoTo Opener”
I hit allow - nothing happens
Also on that page is a ‘download the app’ - but this is the same opener as before
I end up with the goto opener app running, but a bouncing icon in the dock

Maybe this is ventura specific, but we are pretty late in the cycle now, and I’ve had no issues with Zoom, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft teams, Google meet

Note that the ‘goto opener’ if opened and double clicked, also just gives the bouncing icon - nothing more happening. (I dragged to applications as it wasn’t clear what to do)

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for trying the test meeting and reporting back. I will check with the team regarding support for Ventura.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training