cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allamistakeo

Video audio is played through the wrong audio device

When viewing a video shared via GoToWebinar, the audio is incorrectly played through the audio device selected in the Windows settings, instead of through the device selected in the GoToWebinar settings. Audio from speaking attendees and from the test correctly comes through the device selected in the GoToWebinar settings.

Is this a bug (I assume so) or the intended behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Webinar Studio
Contributor

Re: Video audio is played through the wrong audio device

Hello @Allamistakeo !

Unfortunately, this is the expected behavior.   While the audio from other organizers and panelists will use the device chosen in GTW, the videos will use the current Windows output device.  The only way to get the sound to use the same output device is to have that device selected in GTW as the default sound device in Windows.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Webinar Studio
Contributor

Hello @Allamistakeo !

Unfortunately, this is the expected behavior.   While the audio from other organizers and panelists will use the device chosen in GTW, the videos will use the current Windows output device.  The only way to get the sound to use the same output device is to have that device selected in GTW as the default sound device in Windows.

hladep
Active Contributor

Can this be fixed? Other platforms seem to be able to play videos during webinars. Those who work in cubicle environments rely on personal headphones, but more importantly, this is an accessibility issue. Individuals like me who use hearing aides to listen to the audio, do not get to hear videos that are played on the computer audio instead. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @hladep, welcome to the community.

Presenters can share videos during a GoToWebinar, they are just streamed directly from our servers rather than the presenter's desktop. The fact that the audio from the shared video is heard through the computer's default audio output should really only be an issue if the attendee is dialed into the webinar audio by telephone instead of using the built-in VoIP option. If the attendee is using the built-in VoIP (computer audio) option and they have headphones connected to the computer, they would hear both.

Can you provide more details about how you use your hearing aids and how you connect to the audio of a webinar you are attending? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
hladep
Active Contributor

I use the 'phone for audio' as my hearing aides are bluetooth. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. If your computer also supports bluetooth and you connect your hearing aides to the computer, you would hear both the conference call audio and any shared video audio as your computer would send all audio to the bluetooth device. 

Our new GoTo App which is currently used by GoToMeeting and GoToTraining has support for sharing video and the audio directly from the presenter's screen, and we are working on moving GoToWebinar over to the new GoTo App as well. With that said, I believe we will still have the current Share a Video feature still as it is not dependent on the quality of the presenter's internet connection or computer resources. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
hladep
Active Contributor

Unfortunately, using my hearing aides on my computer is not an option for various different reasons (shared computer, bluetooth switches between devices without warning, hearing aides are made for iphone specifically, not as 'bluetooth accessible devices' found on a regular bluetooth pairings). I do like using the app, however, I like to see the powerpoint on my computer and listen on my phone since the screen is too small on phones to really view a presentation.