cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASEWebinars
New Contributor

Waiting to View Organizer Screen Appears in Middle of Broadcast

We often have presenters stream live video and audio during our broadcasts, where they may show procedures or show product demonstrations. This usually works without issue. Last night however, at about the halfway point in our 1-hr session, the Waiting to View Organizer Screen appeared and interrupted the video feed to attendees on desktop computers (the iPad used as a faux attendee for monitoring never displayed the issue). The audio continued to play and was not interrupted. Here's how we run the session:

-At kick-off, the organizer runs a brief intro ppt deck with housekeeping and speaker info.

-When the presenter is introduced on camera, there is no deck to share, thus we do not pass screen sharing to that person. The organizer then simply stops (not pauses) screen sharing and the presenter proceeds with their live video presentation. The entire viewer window is dedicated to the presenter's webcam.

This has worked fine many times in past sessions, but last night was different. We did have a co-organizer join the session about the same time as the issue appeared, but the co-organizer didn't touch any controls, he only entered the session for Q&A.

Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to go about live video sessions?

Thanks.     

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Waiting to View Organizer Screen Appears in Middle of Broadcast

Hi @ASEWebinars welcome to the community. It seems like how your meeting is conducting shouldn't cause this issue. A few questions: 

• Did the co-organizer use their own credentials (with their own GTW license under the same account) or did  they join using the same credentials/account as webinar host? 
  • How long did the message appear?
  • Did you do anything to correct it or how did it stop? 
  • Did the presenter see something different? Did the video play for them? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
ASEWebinars
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

-The co-organizer simply joined using the link established at the time the session was created by me. No separate GTW account was involved.

-The message appeared in the latter segment of the presentation. This seemed to coincide with the late arrival of the co-organizer who is usually in the session at the beginning, but in this case arrived later.

-I resumed screen sharing a little bit later to at least give attendees the smaller camera view, even though the slide took up the majority of the screen.

-The presenter had no idea this was happening as he was on-camera engaged in front of a display board.

-Thankfully the captured video of the session doesn't show what some of the audience was complaining about, but of course did show when I reshared the screen. As I stated previously, the iPad used as a faux attendee for monitoring didn't display the described condition, but when I jumped on a second PC it confirmed the audience complaints.  

-Question: Maybe having a co-organizer join the session later causes this behavior? I'm a little troubled by this, as up until now we've had great success broadcasting live video sessions.

Thank you.    

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@ASEWebinars thanks for the further information and details. You mention the co-organizer joined using the link established at the time the session was created and no separate GTW account was involved. Using the same credentials may have caused confusion. What they would need to do is use the link emailed to them that established them as a co-organizer. This link here is full of information on how to add and requirements necessary for co-organizers. 

ASEWebinars
New Contributor

The co-organizer did indeed use the link Emailed to them at the time the session was created. He did not log in with the account credentials. It's the same formula we've used for years, so that's what's troubling. So, since the only thing that's different is that he joined the session later instead of at the beginning, we'll just have to use this as a cautionary tale and not have the co-organizer join late again. Fingers crossed going forward.🤞

Thank you! 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@ASEWebinars thanks for getting back to me. Do let us know if this happens again, this is a bit of a head scratcher.