cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitmy
Active Contributor

Re: Feature request... show all phone callers in the attendees, like gotomeeting does

I'd also love it if they could dial something to raise there hand for Q&A (*n)

And could name them in some way, they record their name or it happens through registration  and get sent a pin and dial in number, but that's really stretching it.

The Idea that a caller get's an audio pin when they enter the webinar kind of defeats the object of having a dial in...

We have to run a seperate conference call system and bridge it in to get this functionality.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Inability to see phone-only attendees

Thanks for the detaled explaination.  This has been discussed here before, and hopefully GoTo will consider adding this feature.

For now, you could give out the panelist phone number and access code to anyone who needs to connect only with a phone and need to talk. They still do not show up in the Attendee list, so you have no way of muting that person if they need to be muted by the Organizer.  I'd give this code out only to someone you really trust and tell them not to share it.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Feature request... show all phone callers in the attendees, like gotomeeting does

Jayne L
Active Contributor

In our case, the call-in users do not have internet.

We deliver them a paper by hand, with the callin numbers.

As you can't get a PIN until the meeting starts, we are hamstringed.

Jayne L
Active Contributor

Thanks Chris.

I considered that; however, there are a number of these folks who are not as keen as they once were.

Some are great, but, some are not.

We would struggle if we could not mute them.

mitmy
Active Contributor

Phone calls arriving as in Gotomeeting as caller 1 etc would be a very good start.

If during the registration process, someone could tick a box saying "I'd like to attend by phone" and be sent a pin via email, that would be excellent.

As I've said elsewhere, them dialling a number to to raise there hand to as a question would make me a very happy person indeed.

I could then ditch may other conference call facility....

mitmy
Active Contributor

Still a lot of organizations with crazy firewalls out there, the only way is to dial in.

CABryant
Active Contributor

Re: Telephone callers are not shown in attendee list

@AshC Is there any way to see who only called into the webinar? Right now you can have people listening in without knowing they are even there, which is very concerning from a privacy perspective if registrants share call details.

Even password-protected webinars allow people to dial and listen in and the organizer is none the wiser to who is listening. The only workaround is by using VoIP only, but this would force presenters to use VoIP and that has been challenging given the current limits on bandwidth with so many WFH.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Telephone callers are not shown in attendee list

@CABryant The only way to secure integrated audio is to restrict the feed to VoIP only.  We may add an Unidentified Caller feature to GoToWebinar at a later date. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
badtziscool
New Contributor

Identify callers who don't enter in a PIN

Hello. 

Is there any way to identify a caller who dials in as an attendee in GoToWebinar?  I see that there is a setting to do so for GoToMeeting, but it does not seem to apply to GoToWebinar.  I need to confirm if this is the correct behavior.

Thanks!