cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sovby
New Contributor

Client vs Host Display Settings

When i access my work host computer which is a windows 7 pro 64 bit computer from my client machine which is a windows 10 pro 64 bit the text is very hard to read. My client computer display settings is 3840x2160. My host settings at least according to the logmein menu is 1280x1024. If i change the setting in the logmein menu does that effect the host computer settings? What would be a good setting to change it to? My computer screen is the Dell Multi Client P4317Q 43". I am connecting through xfinity high speed cable.

7 REPLIES 7
Dylan_M
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Client vs Host Display Settings

Hello,

When you change the resolution settings in the LogMeIn Remote Control Toolbar (which is at the top of every remote session) this does not affect the display settings of the actual computer.

I recommend clicking the “match resolution” button in the LogMeIn Remote Control Toolbar during the remote session – this will give you the best resolution for both of the monitors.

Thanks!

Dylan

Dylan is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Sovby
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said but the text still looks bad. Maybe there is nothing i can do. My home computer is brand new & the monitor is really big. Maybe the difference between the two monitors is too great & it will never look good

Dylan_M
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately, if matching the resolution did not fix the issue - then you are correct, the differences between the monitor sizes is likely causing this issue here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dylan

Dylan is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Bahar-b
New Contributor

I have the same issue with one staff, she uses Surface 18 inches, and she remotes in to the workstation which uses dongles. So the matching screen does not work. Is it the same issue? 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Bahar-b  Have you tried altering the display settings on the Host side to a different resolution?

Bahar-b
New Contributor

Yes, it did not work

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Bahar-b  I'm unclear if the dongle is part of the problem but would like to know if the same experience is seen when connecting to the same host PC from a different client computer. 

Can you specify the function of the Host's dongle attachment, and what the display settings are between the MS Surface + Windows Host display?