cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinA
Retired GoTo Contributor

One2Many Script Repository

Welcome to the LogMeIn Central Script Repository!

What is it? A library of scripts to help you execute automated tasks and manage LogMeIn Pro² computers without having to access them manually.

How does it work? Simply browse the .txt files below, save as a .BAT file and head to your LogMeIn Central console. Then, navigate to the One2Many tab, and select "Run a batch file or executable." From there, simply upload the batch file and you're ready to go. 

How can you help? We encourage you to share your own scripts and/or help review the scripts of others-- just "Kudo" your favorites or reply with your comments. 

Use of these scripts is at your own risk so please test them on a small number of systems before deploying at scale. The scripts are provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind and LogMeIn disclaims any and all liability regarding any use of the scripts.  Please see the following Terms and Conditions for more information.

Remember: The currently running One2Many script ends when either the host service stops or the script includes computer shutdown or reboot tasks.

Script Repository

Microsoft Updates

Windows Update Javascript- The following script will perform comprehensive Windows Updates (Windows and Microsoft updates) on remote computers.  This java script must be run as a Custom Task within One2Many with cscript being the entry point, Command to execute to update and install in the Custom Task is:

cscript.exe "%LMI_PACKAGEROOT%\wu.js" /sa /i

/sa will  find updates that are flagged to be automatically selected by Windows Update.  This is critical to avoid installing all available updates for the computer as this may include over ten 500Mb language support files on Vista and Win7. /i is the command argument that instructs the script to download and install the updates found.  Additional arguments are outlined within the source code of the JavaScript. 

Both the script and the command to execute can be customized to suite your environment’s needs.

Security

Disable Firewall- disable the Microsoft Windows Firewall for the appropriate version of Windows. 
Enable Firewall-  enable the Microsoft Windows Firewall for the appropriate version of Windows. 
Install AVI Convert-  install the LogMeIn Rescue AVI Converter which converts LogMeIn Rescue .rcec
 recordings to .avi, for the appropriate version of Windows.
Update AVG Virus Definitions: Updates your AVG (versions 8 and/or 9) virus definition files 

Maintenance

Purge DLL Cachedelete and restore the cache folder associated with Microsoft System File Checker for the appropriate version of Windows.
Reboot- reboot the remote device(s) with an end-user notification for the appropriate version of Windows. Remember: When a host is restarted, it disconnects from Central and the currently running One2Many script stops. Since One2Many cannot continue script execution, rebooting a device should be the last step of your One2Many script as it ends the script.
Shut down-shut down the remote device(s) immediately for the appropriate version of Windows. Remember: When a host is shut down, it disconnects from Central and the currently running One2Many script stops. Since One2Many cannot continue script execution, shutting down a device should be the last step of your One2Many script as it ends the script.
Reset System Restore-  reset (disable/enable) Microsoft System Restore for the appropriate version of 
  windows.
Turn Off System Restore- disable Microsoft System Restore for the appropriate version of windows.
Turn On System Restore- enable Microsoft System Restore for the appropriate version of windows.
Defrag- Defragments C volume
Spool Cleaner- Cleans print spooler (submitted by iDevelop)
LogMeIn UpdateUpdates host software with the latest version of LogMeIn. 

Use of these scripts is at your own risk so please test them on a small number of systems before deploying at scale. The scripts are provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind and LogMeIn disclaims any and all liability regarding any use of the scripts.  Please see the following Terms and Conditions for more information.

(edited and updated 2/23/23 by GlennD)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MateNavay
GoTo Contributor

Re: One2Many Script Repository

https://github.com/knix15/LogMeIn-One2Many-Community-Scripts/

Scripts can be found here as well for better future organization.

View solution in original post

134 REPLIES 134
asgit

Thanks for the scripts.  Do you have any recommendations for the best way to install Windows Updates using One2Many?  It would be great if they can be scheduled and the machine rebooted once they are complete.

KevinA
Retired GoTo Contributor

UPDATED 10/7/2011: Defrag and Update of AVG Virus Definitions.

dbzmaxx1
New Contributor

The two scripts you updated on the 7th, they're not there

KevinA
Retired GoTo Contributor

dbzmaxx1- fixed. Thanks Smiley Wink

iDevelop
New Contributor

Here's a little print spool cleaner (I call mine cleanspool.bat)

@echo off

echo Stopping print spooler

echo.

net stop spooler

echo deleting stuff... where?  In your System Root. 🙂

echo.

del "%systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.shd"

del "%systemroot"\system32\spool\printers\*.spl"

echo Starting print spooler.

echo.

net start spooler

Anon51436
Active Contributor

Opening a Website / picture on the target computer automatic

I have been using www.appdeploy.com for all my scripts.

They have the extensions for all latest software installs (Silent).

I like the idea of this forum it should help people start.

MY PROBLEM: if someone can help me

I have been using one2many for 300 users. I have tried to send a bat or vsb script to open a jpg picture when starting a service on the target machine. The jpg is our logo with instructions regarding us servicing the machine.
I created a Bat file with c:\mt\rsfiles\rs.jpg for it to open on target computer.
In dos it works but not via a bat through ONE2MANY.

I thought this must be to do with the silent feature suppressing opening boxes to the user.

So I tried a bat file pointing to a bat file on the target computer hard disk.
same with a bat file pointing to a vbs script. Still no opened picture.

I then made a website with the same displayed; www.milnetech.com.au/rs 

Can someone help me use variables in the command line to open a jpeg or a website on a target machine through ONE2MANY?

Looking forward to your help regarding this.

KevinA
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Opening a Website / picture on the target computer automatic

@iDevelop Thanks! I'll send you a LogMeIn collared shirt for your contribution (and Email you privately for your shipping address Smiley Happy)   I'll also go ahead and add that script to our repository in the top-post.

@Anon  Thanks for pointing us toward that resource! Feel free to contribute what's worked for you on this thread. As for your other statement.. do any Central users have a script that could open a .JPEG file on a target machine through One2Many? (You may want to re-post as a seperate topic in our Central forums for better visibility).

Thanks,

Kevin
Community Relations Manager

Was your question answered?  Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
Need more help? Search our Knowledge BaseContact Support or
Tweet us

AndrewBucklin
Active Contributor

I am too wondering how to automate Windows Updates with One2Many... Any ideas?

Anon51436
Active Contributor

Hi Andrew,

You might find this regarding windows update switches.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262841

Also multiple updates with only one reboot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296861