cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Windows 10 Shutdown Issue

Since the latest Windows 10 update (1709), one unidentifed application prevents normal shutdown of Windows.  I traced to Logmein Client.  If Logmein Client is running in the System Tray, the computer will not shut down.  If Logmein Client is not running in the System Tray, the computer shuts down normally?  Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know how to fix it (other than shutting down Logmein before shutting down Windows)? 

20 REPLIES 20
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Shutdown Issue

Hello,

Can you explain exactly what the behavior is when LogMeIn Client is running on the System tray? Is the computer stuck on the " closhing x application before shutdown"? 

How are you turning (edited) off the computers? 

Best,

Vitor  

Vitor is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

"Closing 1 application before shutdown."  Interestingly this time the message references Logmein as the cause.  Previously the offending program was not named, but I tracked it to Logmein by trial and error.

Not sure what you mean by "how are you running off the computers?". But this is a non-domain MS Surface Book Pro.  I use it to remotely connect to a group of other non-domain computers for industrial automation systems technical support.
New Contributor

Hello

I'm having the same problem

Whenever Logmein client is still runing  when i shutdows windows i allways get a message that an app is preventing windows to shut down

Trial and error led me to the Logmein Client app

If i shut down the logmein client app and then shut down windows, no problem

Also it only started after Windows 1709

Any development on this issue ?

lm2
New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem.  Windows 10 Pro since the 1709 update, whenever the LogMeIn Client (verison 1.3.3569) is running, I shutdown Windows, but it cannot shutdown as in says the LogMeIn client is preventing shutdown - so, I have to slect Shutdown Anyway to force Windows up shutdown.

New Contributor

Same here.  Have to click the force shutdown to get it to reboot properly.  Wasn't happening prior to a windows update (not sure which one) -- sometime in the past couple months.

New Contributor

Was there anything ever resolved on this?  I am still running into that same issue.

New Contributor

Yes - having the same issue - sometimes it uses the logmein icon, other times the generic unidentifed program icon.

New Contributor

Same issue here. Still no fix?

New Contributor

The last software update that was done seemed to resolve my issue.