cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dribble12
Active Contributor

With no monitors at host computer, client gets black screen

With no host monitors there is only a blank screen at the client computer. None of our LogMeIn installs have a mirror driver installed. What needs to change to allow people to see two displays remotely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HAWA
Active Contributor

Re: With no monitors at host computer, client gets black screen

Ok, got some information on this from LogMeIn support. If you want to run the workstation to be accessed with no monitors, but want dual (or more) monitor support remotely, then you can use Headless Monitor Emulators plugged in where your 2nd (or more) monitors would be plugged-in. I haven't tried yet, but I did order the emaulators on amazon. You can get 3-packs for under $20 depending on port type.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HAWA
Active Contributor

Watching this, I have the same question. Is LogMeIn pro able to have dual monitor at the remote site without monitors connected to the workststaion being accessed?

dribble12
Active Contributor

I spent some time on hold with LogMeIn and found out the answer is no. You must have at least one monitor at the host. If you want to see two monitors at the client side, you'll need two monitors at the host. 

It's not the answer I wanted to hear.

HAWA
Active Contributor

Ok, got some information on this from LogMeIn support. If you want to run the workstation to be accessed with no monitors, but want dual (or more) monitor support remotely, then you can use Headless Monitor Emulators plugged in where your 2nd (or more) monitors would be plugged-in. I haven't tried yet, but I did order the emaulators on amazon. You can get 3-packs for under $20 depending on port type.

dribble12
Active Contributor

Thank you! I saw something about "headless" in a 2013 post then nothing else so I thought it was dead technology. Your complete name for the device makes it a whole lot easier to locate them. Thank you so much!

MrWizard77
New Contributor

Hawa,

Did the emulators work?  What brand/make did you use?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@MrWizard77  I was able to do this with my Host PC by simply reconnecting the VGA cords without any displays. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
HAWA
Active Contributor

H, yes the emulators worked. We used two brands from Amazon, one was FUERAN and the other brand was FREEGENE. I think any will work. Also, if you are emulating only two monitors, then you really just need one emulator on the host computer to emulate the second monitor (one monitor doesn't need an emulator) however, we did find that the resolutions were easier to match up if two emulators were used.

MrWizard77
New Contributor

@AshC Interesting... I wonder if that will work with HDMI and Display cables too.
xdarthx

This is absolutely possible. Go to the following site and download this virtual USB monitor:

https://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3030

Follow the instruction shown there, it will let you install up to 4 virtual screens, I just tested them and they work with LMI once the real monitors have been disconnected from the host PC.

You're welcome!