cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcorcoran
New Contributor

handle usage continues to grow

So I've noticed that handle usage continues to grow with system uptime it seems. I'm not sure exactly, since this is above my paygrade, how detrimental token handles are, but any time resources are allocated and never freed is usually not a good thing. I'm afraid that once the handle count reaches a certain point with certain systems that system resources become exhausted and simple tasks such as opening Windows Explorer or a command prompt is unsuccessful. It seems that there's something missing in the token handle creation process that's stuck in a loop and continually creates new token handles while never closing/erasing/deleting the ones that were already created. Is this something that could be looked into from the development side? It just comes across as abnormal application behavior. Thanks.

Edit:  The pics below were taken from different systems with different uptimes, thus their handle counts vary, but it's the same problem where it'll continue to grow the longer the system isn't rebooted/Logmein service or executable isn't restarted.Windows task manager showing all the open handlesWindows task manager showing all the open handles
process explorer showing  all the token handles are the same and just keep opening more without closing anyprocess explorer showing all the token handles are the same and just keep opening more without closing any
handle from sysinternals showing what the majority  of open handles arehandle from sysinternals showing what the majority of open handles are
the call stack for the token handle creation, saved using Windows Performance Analyzer/Recorder and waited for new handles to get createdthe call stack for the token handle creation, saved using Windows Performance Analyzer/Recorder and waited for new handles to get created

This message has 0 replies

4 REPLIES 4
milles
GoTo Contributor

Re: handle usage continues to grow

What version are you running?

mcorcoran
New Contributor

@milles wrote:

What version are you running?

On the test box, just plain Win10 I have running, the Logmein version is 4.1.12382 and Logmein Client version is 1.3.4446, but haven't noticed anything strange with the LMI client or the RC executables, just specifically the Logmein.exe process that seems to have the handle leak. Even on multiple systems I've checkd, Win7/Win10 and 32/64-bit, they will randomly show the same behavior, but not all of them. So not exactly sure what's causing this.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@mcorcoran  I don't have any examples of LMI Central causing this behavior on the newest builds.  If you are running version 12382 or higher then this should not be occurring at all.

In this case, you should create a case directly with our Customer Support team for assistance in documenting the affected environment, and gathering log files for in-depth review.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mcorcoran
New Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@mcorcoran  I don't have any examples of LMI Central causing this behavior on the newest builds.  If you are running version 12382 or higher then this should not be occurring at all.

In this case, you should create a case directly with our Customer Support team for assistance in documenting the affected environment, and gathering log files for in-depth review.

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious as to what could be causing this. I created a support ticket detailing the issue as well as linking to this post, so they can see the pictures that were uploaded so they know what I'm referring to exactly, but haven't received a response back from them yet.