cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admindla
New Contributor

Hamachi Disconnects after Remote Desktop Session

After I remote desktop in, I close the session, and I find that hamachi has disconnected and will only go back online when I physically log in or use logmein remote desktop to wake hamachi up.

I tried allow instead of auto in my firewall for hamachi and yet it still has the same issue.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem, or is this normal. 

Thanks All! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jntrup
New Contributor

Re: Hamachi Disconnects after Remote Desktop Session

I realize this is old, but this helped me and this is the first link in Google that came up

This should cover everyone, even servers I believe. The number corresponds to the RDP session. 0=console and 1+2=other sessions. Depending on how you connect to your computer determines which session you use so running all 3 should work to disconnect everyone.

Last line if optional if you want to lock screen.

Paste all of this into bat file then run when you want to disconnect from RDP

tscon 0 /dest:console
tscon 1 /dest:console
tscon 2 /dest:console
Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
YW-Slayer
New Contributor

I, too, would like to know the workaround.

Sorry, that was a reply to this thread (/t5/Hamachi/LogMeIn-Hamachi-Connection-issues-with-Windows-8/m-p/91421/highlight/false#M8088) which seems to have found the source of the problem.

icab
New Contributor

Hi,

Did you find out a solution to this problem. I'm having the same problem. It's very reproducible. My current workaround is open the Remote Desktop port on my router at home and port foward it to the PC running hamachi. I then leave the RDC session running. It's less than ideal, of course.

icab
New Contributor

Just read the link submitted by the previous poster. So it's not a bug, it's a "feature"? It seems to defeat the purpose of hamachi then if you have to have users logged in all machines that you need access to. Oh well, I'll look for an alternative software

jntrup
New Contributor

I realize this is old, but this helped me and this is the first link in Google that came up

This should cover everyone, even servers I believe. The number corresponds to the RDP session. 0=console and 1+2=other sessions. Depending on how you connect to your computer determines which session you use so running all 3 should work to disconnect everyone.

Last line if optional if you want to lock screen.

Paste all of this into bat file then run when you want to disconnect from RDP

tscon 0 /dest:console
tscon 1 /dest:console
tscon 2 /dest:console
Rundll32.exe User32.dll,LockWorkStation

marshfield
New Contributor

This has been bugging me for ages.

Your solution works perfectly.

Thank you jntrup!

sdevine
New Contributor

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!!!

This has been driving me absolutely crazy for months. This is so simple and works perfectly. I’ve created a little short cut with a big red icon to disconnect from now on.