cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: I am online but appearing offline.

I've also just recently experienced this issue as well.  I was able to connect to my friend on Hamachi this past Sunday (7/12) and yesterday (7/14) we both had Hamachi running but appeared offline to one another.  I ensured that Windows firewall was disabled on both PCs (although on my friend's PC, Hamachi was working with the firewall enabled).  Both Hamachi network adapters were present in network connections and connected.  We have different ISPs and are both behind Linksys wireless-G routers.  Both PCs have WinXP SP2 installed on them.  Before I try some more things, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on what has seemed to work best as a fix for this.  I could try the "repair" function for the network adapter on both PCs or I could have my friend uninstall Hamachi and delete the program data folder (since I created the network).  Or is it viable that the Hamachi servers were down for a day or so?  Does this happen from time to time?  Any help or feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Let me know if I need to provide any additional details.  Thank in advance!  =)
Active Contributor

Did you try right clicking on the name of the network and selecting "go online"?

New Contributor

But is this necessary since Hamachi already indicates that it is "online"?  Or even though it is "online", I have to bring my network online too?

Active Contributor

In short, yes.  Hamachi supports more than 1 network at the same time.  It is possible to put one "offline" while using the others.  If the circle is gray instead of green, and the network name is gray instead of white, your network is likely offline.  Right click on the network name and select "go online".

New Contributor

I see, interesting to know and thanks for the tip.  I will double check but I am almost positive the one network I have had a green circle and the network name lettering was white.  The one client (my friend) on the network was grayed out and and had a gray star next to it.
Active Contributor

So it will be your friend that needs to do the right click on the network name / go on-line.  There should be a circle next to the network name, not a star.  A star indicates a host (computer) on the network.  If it is a host that is grayed out, then there is no connectivity to that particular host from your location.  In that case, you might need to set up a port forward in your routers for use by hamachi. 

1.  Select an available port for udp and tcp in your router.

2.  Forward these ports to the ip address of your pc running hamachi

3.  In the hamachi preferences (the gear icon), select the status tab, then click on detailed configuration.

4.  Under connect through NAT, enable the two checkboxes for udp and tcp and enter the port numbers you forwarded in your router in in step 2, and click ok.

Even if you have connectivity, doing the above steps above can dramaticaly improve your throughput over hamachi.

New Contributor

UPDATE:  So again, I had a green light and white lettering next to my network name.  My friend informed me that the network name on his end was grayed out.  I told him to right-click the network name and select go online.  After he did that, we could both see each other on the network.  Problem solved.  =)  I will definitely take note of port forwarding in the router in case we experience any future connection issues or to increase throughput.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
New Contributor

I was having the same issue.  I selected to have the program run as a system service.  My firewall acknowledged the request and bam it worked. 
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem on three computer I can't get online at all.

when I log into the Logmeinwebsite it shows the three computers with a green dot (connected)

yet on the client interface I can't see the computers on any of the three computer.....

What can I do???

Tags (2)
New Contributor

@Paul505 wrote:

I'm having the same problem on three computer I can't get online at all.

when I log into the Logmeinwebsite it shows the three computers with a green dot (connected)

yet on the client interface I can't see the computers on any of the three computer.....

What can I do???

Paul505, see the post just before yours.  Could that be the issue?  A firewall program (windows or other) might be hindering your network from properly being connected.  Also, have you followed the setup guide on LogMeIn?  Are any of the three computers behind a router?  While investigating the issue I was having, I found that some will have trouble connecting to a network through a router.  A specific port range needs to be forwarded.  I also read that some routers are more touchy on this than others.  And make sure that all three computers show the network name on the interface program as white lettering with a green dot.  If the lettering is greyed out, it means the Hamachi program is running, but that particular computer is not online.