Never worked for me either!
You could bypass the client authentification by just 'pulling' the client into your network from the logmein web account side (I don't believe I just suggested that - but it works)
Of course, once the client is joined to the network, closing the client program doesn't really 'leave' the network which means it doesn't need to re-authenticate next time - which is a bit of a security worry - because the next person who starts your logmein program may not be you! Remember, unlike other commercial VPN products, Himachi only authenticates the machine (which you've already done), it does not authenticate the person, which might be a worry to some.
Assuming you've 'added' the client PC from the online Logme in account - i.e. by going into logmein web account, choosing 'my networks'; 'add client'; 'install logmein on this computer' download and install.
Then, still in the web logmein account...
1. Go back to 'my networks' on the web's logmein account panel
2. you should see your new PC under 'non-members'
3. Click on EDIT at the right side of the screen
4. Click on the 'settings' mini tab
5. Choose of the three client control types you want for this client PC and click 'save'
4. Got to Network and tick the box of your new PC; click 'save'
That moves your client from a 'non-member' to a 'member' of your new network by bypassing the need for a client logon for the duration of that session.
Yeah try using the actual network ID not the Network Name
the Network ID is the nine digit number that is next to the name on the web account web page
the format is like this XXX-XXX-XXX
hope that helps.