cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Can I use Logmein to remotely control windows media center (WMC)?

VERY new user so excuse if this has been asked before, but couldn't see via a search.

Can I use logmein to control a remote wmc session.  Had a couple of tries today on local network but when I launch WMC on the remote PC all I get on the local PC is a black screen.  Know I've had similar problems trying to get a screenshot from wmc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation

Trevor

1 REPLY 1
New Contributor

Re: Can I use Logmein to remotely control windows media center (WMC)?

I have used Logmein with WMC but I get a message that WMC has been stopped as it's not compatible with Logmein when I attach to the Media Center PC.

However, you can then start WMC and use it remotely but when you try to run video or TV apps you get a message that they are "not supported in WMC in this mode" (or similar).

I have also tried using WMC with VNC and while I can get an image it's ghosting and impossible to use.

I am now looking at iPhone/iPad apps which are designed to control WMC remotely over WiFi networks and if that doesn't work I'll have to get a blutooth WMC Keyboard as the Logitech IR remote I have is OK for normal use (and for my luddite partner) but not for configuring WMC.