cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nethunter321
Active Contributor

"LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Hello, I am trying to use LogMeIn Rescue and connect to Geek Squad for a tune up. After downlodaing logmein, I try to open (run) and get the error "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." I talked with Geek Squad and tried different browsers (Edge, IE and Chrome) but still the same error. Has anyone heard of this problem? I just installed Windows 10 Fall Update 1809 so maybe that's a problem? Please reply with instructions to fix it so I can connect to Geek Squad. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nethunter321
Active Contributor

Re: "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Success! I talked to Geek Squad and asked if they would use the beta. They sent me a normal link just like always and it connected. They said my AntiVirus was blocking it. I had tried disabling my AV but for some reason it connected fine this time. I got my tune up. I'll message back if I need it again. Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello @nethunter321

This is a known issue with the latest Win 10 update and the fixed applet and TC is available from our beta site.
If you are a technician, than you should login into our Beta site:  https://beta.logmeinrescue.com/account/login

but if you are a customer, than you should use your PIN code in this site: https://beta.logmeinrescue.com/Customer/Code.aspx

Regards,
Sandor

nethunter321
Active Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am a customer so I'm not sure how to use it for Geek Squad agents. And where do I find my PIN code? And what should I tell Geek Squad when I try to connect? Please reply. Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@nethunter321  Your support representative should have the PIN, generated from their side (randomly).

If you are still having trouble once you receive an active PIN, you might try saving the Rescue download first, then running the file 'As Administrator' to ensure the proper clearance on your PC.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
nethunter321
Active Contributor

Hi, I'm back. Geek Squad says they can't use the beta website. I will have to bring it to the store. Are there any other ways I can fix this? Besides the beta? I tried as administrator but that didn't work either. Same error. Thanks again

nethunter321
Active Contributor

If it's a known problem with Fall Update 1809 then I will not go to the store and wait for updates. Do you think microsoft will fix this problem with an update? Please reply. Thanks

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello nethunter321.

I supposed that the MS won't change anything in their end regardless they use Rescue as well. Despite the fact we identified (many thanks again to the community here) and fixed the problem with before the MS has released the Fall Update, we have to test the Beta solution very deeply and carefully before it is going to be uploaded to our Live environment. 

At this point I cannot tell when it will be released, but asap.

But back to your problem, do you have to enter a 6 digits code into the Geek Squad website manually, or do you have to just click on a link or button and their technicians just come into a chat?

Regards,
Sandor

GPISUPPORT
Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem with the console logmein rescue which, following the maj Windows 10 1809, does not start anymore. even when running the technical web console, it does not work either.

I have a message in the Event Viewer: LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: 'f6e4505e0c8ab59259dbc35062de462e'.

I am experiencing the same problem on 5 pc of my network that had the update this morning.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello GPISUPPORT

The solution is already available on Beta.

This is a known issue with the latest Win 10 update and the fixed applet and TC is available from our beta site.
If you are a technician, than you should login into our Beta site:  https://beta.logmeinrescue.com/account/login

but if you are a customer, than you should use your PIN code in this site: https://beta.logmeinrescue.com/Customer/Code.aspx

Regards,
Sandor

GPISUPPORT
Visitor

Hello and thanks Sandor,

But... the same

When i launch the beta version, it crash

LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: 'f6e4505e0c8ab59259dbc35062de462e'.