cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilaHelp1
New Contributor

Invalid Email Format - Catalina OS

Everytime I try to log into the LogMeIn Control Panel to add a MacBook Pro to LogMeIn, it changes the structure of my email, preventing me from logging in.For example, I enter the administrator's email filahelp1@filahelp.com and password. After I hit Log In, it doesn't let me in and displays a different address filahelp1%40filahelp.com, hince the Invalid Email Format. No matter what I do, it defaults to the invalid email address.This is a new MacBook Pro (2019) with Catalina installed. I've tried everything from reinstalling the 64bit program to reimaging the whole machine. It does not ask permission to do screen recording because it only ask for that once I log in (which I cannot do). I finally installed Mojavi, installed and logged into LogMeIn, then upgraded to Catalina. Though the problem is solved, it took a VERY long route to get there. Someone please help with this issue and the "can't run in 2 locations simultaneously" issue from the toolbar icon.

26 REPLIES 26
ron7264
New Contributor

Re: Invalid Email Format - Catalina OS

I am having the same issue with the invalid email format, it sure woudl be nice to get  a fix for this ASAP.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey there, sorry for the delay here.

I am trying to see if we can recreate this OSX experience in-house, to create a ticket for our dev team. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Unfortunately we're unable to recreate this behavior ourselves.  If you could call directly into Customer Support from the affected machine, in order to collect log files there:   https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-do-i-contact-support 

Anon80591
New Contributor

I'm getting the same error... Evidently they need to fix this... Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 10.46.26 PM.png

bmcintosh

I have the same issue. I can use our login email and password to access LogMeIn via the web, but the @ symbol in the email is replaced by %40 when the login happens on the LogMeIn client on MacOS.

The client accepts the e-mail with the @ symbol and it looks like the login form is being processed. For example, the email would look like email@domain.ca. Then, the client shows the message "Logging in as email%40domain.ca - followed quickly by a login error.

I use a .ca email - I am wondering if it has something to do with the email extension, or with some checking on the e-mail validity? In any case, I suspect that the login script is altering the email after some checks.

I am using Version 4.1.7284 (PlugIn: 1.0.2311) of the Mac client on MacOS Catalina (version 10.15.1).

I hope this helps .....

Brian

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bmcintosh  If a full re-install at the endpoint did not affect this behavior, we'd really want to work with the problem Mac in order to file an official ticket.  Can you give us a call when you have a few minutes to create a case with Customer Support?

Javier_IP_Pro
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  After upgrading to MacOs Catalina

SportCross
Active Contributor

I am having the same issue as everyone else on this thread.  I did a full uninstall using the Terminal command "sudo /Library/Application\ Support/LogMeIn/uninstaller.sh"  restarted and then did a full re-install.  I try to login and get the "Invalid Email Format" error.  macOS Catalina 10.15.1 

FilaHelp1
New Contributor

UPDATE:

A LogMeIn Rep remoted into my Mac machine to see if he can figure out the issue. He could not determine the cause or the solution to the email format problem. After spending over an hour and several reinstall attempts, we could not figure out the problem. So as a work around until LogMeIn can fix the Catalina issue, we logged into LogMeIn from a browser and create a deployment package. You download the LogMeIn Host file as a Link. Go to the computer needing LogMeIn and click on the deployment link. Install the file as normal. After the install, the computer will already be logged in and ready to go.

I have a team of my own working on this. Once I find a solution, I will post.