cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1ConcernedUser
Active Contributor

Re: Mac host only showing desktop wallpaper and menu bar

Still having this issue with zero answers from Logmein Support. Ive called them at least 5 times this week. There initial fix seems to work initially then reverts back to not seeing any icons or dock. Not sure whats going on with them, but i found Team Viewer works fine with no issues.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

When you post can you please include if the Mac is an Intel or M1 model and the version of Mac OS it is running? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Jimz18
Active Contributor

It's still happening on both Intel and M1 for us.

eamatherne

I am having the same issue.  All privacy and security settings are correct.  It will work fort a short time then when you try to log in all you get its the desktop wallpaper and menu bar.  I have talked to tech support and each time we uninstall then reinstall and it works for while then stops again.  I have checked the hard drive settings the sleep settings nothing seems to change anything.  Mac Studio and Imac 2017 both running 12..5.1 and they both have the same issue.

robrz

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I set up logme in on two computers before leaving on vacation & tested accessing them from eachother, worked fine. Both running OS Monterrey, both M1 macs.

Now that I'm on vacation & trying to log in remotely from my intel macbook running Catalina, all I get is the top menubar and the logmein wallpaper. I'm obviouslly not able to do any troubleshooting on the remote computers because I'M NOT THERE. kind of the point of logmein.

Davidcohen1018
New Contributor

I am having the same problem and it’s got me to the point of thinking it’s time to move to a new platform for my Mac’s. We have transitioned form PCs to Mac for users and as we grow it out it’s become essential now. For a while I was able to slack share and LMI and use two screens. One for slack where I could see what I was doing but can’t remote control and one for LMI where I could remote control but couldn’t see anything but menu bar and blank screen. This has been going on for a year plus and it seems lmi isn’t interested in a software fix. I can’t ask the end users to change the settings because it requires admin to unlock and they don’t have. This is 50-60 users for me at this point and it’s just not feasible to give people admin to even try to change security settings. The whole point of LMI is to not allow them this access. Once I give them admin password. It’s over. And no. I am not changing password after I give it to them. And no. I can’t ask basic users to even do this stuff to begin with. It’s my job to keep these things easy and invisible.
If there is a fix that makes sense. I’m all ears. But I think during holiday break I will remove LMI and replace with something else. Probably teamviewer.
GaborO
GoTo Contributor

Hi All!

The reason of that only the desktop wallpaper and menu bar is visible is that the LMIGUIAgent.app (the component that is responsible to record the screen) does not have effective Screen Recording permission in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy. The check box might be checked but due to a situation unhandled properly (by the OS) the previously granted permission is lost when some action/events happen (like fast user switching).
We identified the cause of the problem, implemented the fix and plan to release it soon.