cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolo1944
Active Contributor

Unattended access revoked

I have a dozen computers which have the unattended client installed. Periodically, one of these computers will have the unattended access revoked. My best guess is that one of the business users is revoking the access unintentionally. How may I check the details of the access being revoked? Are there cases of unattended access being revoked via some software based hiccup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rolo1944
Active Contributor

Re: Unattended access revoked

This issue has been a thorn in our side for some time. I was finally able to get the info I needed to isolate the issue:

Rolo1944_0-1681482546438.png

Thank you for your help and guidance. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Rolo1944, welcome to the community.

With GoToAssist Remote Support v4 the computer user can temporarily block Unattended Support if they do not want anyone connecting to their computer:

With GoToAssist Remote Support v5 they do not have that option, they can only uninstall which would be difficult to do by accident:

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Rolo1944
Active Contributor

Is there a log for "Revoked" events? The users say they have not revoked access.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

I'm not sure the client log files will show anything, but they can be found in Users/client name/AppData/Local/Temp/LogMeInLogs/GoToAssist Remote Support Customer

With v4 if the client selects to Block Unattended access the computer will be listed as Blocked in your device list. Uninstalling the Unattended software on the client triggers it to be removed from your Unattended Devices List.

With v5 there is no block option or an Exit option, so the software would need to be uninstalled or possibly forced to quit through the Task Manager. 

When this happens, is the Unattended computer listed in your Device List still? Can you describe in more detail your steps to connect and what exactly happens? Since we don't use the word Revoke, I'm not sure if you mean the connection is denied or the Unattended software has been uninstalled.

Rolo1944
Active Contributor

The issue occurs periodically, specifically on computers in one particular department. 

The computer in question is used for remote monitoring in a health care setting. Local users will interact with the computer, and remote users will use LMI unattended for long term remote monitoring. A support team will remote into the computers with LMI to support the application being run. They connect only when there is an issue reported by the end users with the application. They will find the computer, see attached, with a status of "Revoked" and be unable to connect. I suspect this is caused by user error, but need to track down the root cause.

Rolo1944_0-1681386131971.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Rolo1944,

I owe you a huge apology. When I saw the question was about Unattended access my mind went right to GoToAssist, not Rescue. Please ignore my previous replies.

With Rescue, Unattended Access can be revoked by the client, by the Technician, and by an admin. I believe an Audit Report may show if Unattended Access was revoked by an Admin. It is possible that log files from the client's computer may show if access was revoked by the client.  

Rolo1944
Active Contributor

This issue has been a thorn in our side for some time. I was finally able to get the info I needed to isolate the issue:

Rolo1944_0-1681482546438.png

Thank you for your help and guidance. 

alicja01

Thanks for this informatipn