Forum Discussion

ddieckman
Active Contributor
5 years ago

LogMeIn AntiVirus Not Being Detected

Today, all of our computers started slowly showing that they don't have LMI AntiVirus on them anymore even though it is clearly installed. Wonder if LMI pushed an update that broke it.

ddieckman
      Active Contributor

I think our organization is just going to completely uninstall LMI AV from every computer and look into a different AV solution. However, we will only move forward with that if I can get a discount on the already high price I'm paying because of the lack of support of a feature that they provide, and I'm paying for, but can't use.

Hard to believe there is no official statement from support on this at all. It's just a broken product now at this point that isn't functional.

SpaceCadet81
    Active Contributor

ATTENTION LOGMEIN SUPPORT:

We need further advice. This solution you have provided to all of us is still not working. We have wasted countless hours trying to get our client status back to green and it's a 50/50 solution which is not acceptable. We still don't know what caused this problem on your side. We don't have time to sit on the phone for hours with your support to get zero answers. You need to step up and help your clients. We are paying for this solution and can't actively monitor it as we are supposed to. Please help.

clintscott
      Active Contributor

Another lengthy fix is to uninstall LMI AV, reboot, then push the install out from the Dashboard. I just got done testing this and it does work.

The quickest fix is still deleting the client from the dashboard, connecting in remotely to the client via a non-LMI remote alternate, and rejoining the client by re-entering credentials in the LMI GUI on the client machine.

Has LogMeIn given any indication that they found the cause of this problem so that it doesn't happen again? I wouldn't want to get this resolved only to have it break again in a week or two.

SpaceCadet81
    Active Contributor

I agree with everyone else. This is not the ultimate fix. We are seeing 50/50 results with this resolution and that is not acceptable. Can logmein support chime back into our thread with further information?

pcatonoutpost
      Active Contributor

We have not had to restart the PC/reinstall AV to fix this problem.  In fact, when we tried restarting/reinstalling on some clients then waiting 24 hours, the console still showed a problem with AV.  In our experience, the problem eventually resolves itself on its own. 

davek
    Active Contributor
    Same issue here. Just migrated 100+ machines from Webroot over to LMI AV over the past two weeks and now this. I immediately regret my decision.
        MaVeN
        Contributor

Same story here.  900 Endpoints with Windows Update issues and now LMI AV issues and the fix is to manually touch each machine (really?!).

To be honest, I am OK with the issue as it can happen to all/any of us.  The problem is:

- lack of communication

- poor support

- no priority to fix

- no real (RMM) solution to fix

- no upgrades to platform for long-term stability

I hate to say it, but it may be time to start to look for a new RMM partner and that really stinks.  Unfortunately things are getting worse here, not better.

John

SpaceCadet81
    Active Contributor

Since my clients think they don't have the antivirus solution they are paying for I'm assuming LogMeIn will be discounting our costs this month in relation to the outage right?

Also the fact that they have not admitted the issue on their status page is alarming. We deserve answers. We deserve updates several times a day. For the amount of money we pay for this service this is a massive fail on LMI support part.

Pizzolanteg
      Active Contributor

I totally agree with you. 

This lack of communication is not possible and not professional. 

itbus
        Active Contributor

Manually restarted the service on one PC via remote control -> computer management -> reboot options -> restart logmein and it fixed. 

Tried a O2M per support's instructions and it failed with blank log (that's helpful)

Now need a O2M solution.

Pizzolanteg
    Active Contributor

Hello everybody,

I called this morning 12 Feb 2020 at 10:00am (UTC +1) and they were still investigating on that. 

No more information about the resolution of the problem. I have more than 700 laptops with the same status :(

They told me to get any news, I need to call back tomorrow.

Cross fingers that this issue will be solved asap.

pcatonoutpost
      Active Contributor

Does Central Support post any advisories about major issues like this?

gcitbm
        Active Contributor

No update yet, but I am about to call in. But now a good portion of the affected computers are saying that LMI AV is no longer installed and it is just using windows defenders.

SpaceCadet81
    Active Contributor

We are seeing the same problem with all of our customers. Have there been any communication from LMI on what happened or when this will be fixed. I have clients paying for AV and are calling to ask why they are getting notifications that it's not installed on their computers.

ddieckman
      Active Contributor

I have a support ticket in with them. If I hear back in the next week, I'll be lucky. Last time something like this happened they denied it was an issue for over a week and then when they finally acknowledged it, they told us we had to uninstall AV on every system and re-deploy it. Needless to say, I wasn't amused.

SpaceCadet81
        Active Contributor

That is not an acceptable response, we have too many seats for that. My team is also opening a ticket with them. If you get a reply share on the message board. We will do the same.