Forum Discussion

Daver99
New Contributor
6 years ago

Your session has timed out or host went offline during your connection attempt.....

I am trying to provide to a client and I just keep getting the above message.   I have connected to this machine in the past.  Any help would be great.  Are there diagnostic tools or tests I can run?  Is there a website I can direct the client to go to to run a connection test?

Also - I tried to contact support about this 2 days ago.  Chat == offline.  Support request == crickets.   What should my expectations be to get support?

DR

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Sorry, Daver99 --

The service levels on Chat/Email support are much lower than Phone support, so if this is pressing I would call directly into Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Regarding your current connection failures, does this happen for all cleints?  If so, have you tested off-LAN?

Daver99
      New Contributor

This problem is only happening with the one PC.  It is located on the east coast, while I am west.  Connections across town (off lan) do work though.  This connection has worked in the past, with the computer on the same (wireless) network it is on now.

As for the support on the phone -- I was in holding for the next available operator for 20minutes before I hung up.  

Daver99
        New Contributor

Ideally, I could give my client a URL to test against.  I just heard from him right now again and it seems the computer in question can't access email either right now -- but can do some other online tasks... and I see its status as on or off in the logmein client.  

Can you recommend any test procedures?

Thanks,

DR