Forum Discussion

kkeco
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Disable Raise hand in Admin Settings

GoTo webapp has the Raise Hand function, we need to turn that off permanently - how can this be done ?

Problem is that when we appoint/change a new organiser the setting in the app will reset it self. I was looking for a way to turn the feature off completely like Chat in Admin settings.

• Hi kkeco, welcome to the community.

At this time there isn't a global admin setting to disable the Raise Hand feature across all organizer accounts. Each organizer would need to sign in and disable it under Manage Attendee Permissions and it will be remembered for future sessions. Are you finding the feature disruptive? 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi kkeco, welcome to the community.

At this time there isn't a global admin setting to disable the Raise Hand feature across all organizer accounts. Each organizer would need to sign in and disable it under Manage Attendee Permissions and it will be remembered for future sessions. Are you finding the feature disruptive? 

kkeco
      Active Contributor

Thanks GlennD

Yes we find the function disruptive. We have a companion tool that we use for meeting facilities like raise-hand and chat, and our participants got confused when this option appeared.

Also i find that when we appoint new organisers in a meeting, the function is enabled again without warning.

kkeco
    Active Contributor

In the new Goto App, we face the problem of disabling the Raise Hand. This can be done in the settings for the meeting. However whenever we appoint a new organizer for the meeting, this setting resets and the raisehand appears again. Is this an error or by design ?

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi kkeco thanks again for the feedback! We have shared this with the team. 

kkeco
        Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply  KateG

Today i am monitoring a meeting and the Raise Hand enable/disable seems to have its own life.

I turn it off, and then it randomly turns back on. We are 3 organisers in the meeting and are not changing while this happens. 

Our users are really confused on this so this is becoming a problem to the point where discusssion is ongoing wether G2 is the right tool.