Forum Discussion

dicot
Active Contributor
2 days ago

Users can no longer join using app?

I use GTM to support clients and need keyboard and mouse control but when the user follows my instructions and chooses the options to join using the app, they are still joining using the web. Even users who have the GTM app installed, that we successfully used many times before, are joined using the app. Why? 

I don't want to use the new GTM because it is a slug and slows down the computer, especially in longer meetings. 

Right now, my workaround is switching to Zoom during the meeting and if I can't solve the problem, will need to drop GTM as an option.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi dicot, :gotomeeting-classic: GoToMeeting classic is no longer available, all customers using GoTo Meeting have been migrated to the new  :goto_app:  GoTo app.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot the new app. Could you provide more details about what is going on including: 

• Computer specs (device, OS) 
    • Aspects of the computer performance affected? What actions or features seem to slow down the system? 
      dicot
      Active Contributor

After about 45 min, both my computer and the client's starts acting buggy and slow. Honestly, if can't use the classic GTM - the one that actually works great for my needs - I don't know that I want to use GTM at all. 

Below are my specs - it should be more than enough for it, but many of my clients have whatever was on the lower cost side from Best Buy etc when they needed a new computer. 

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
      Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
      Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    64.0 GB

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

dicot

Thanks for sharing your specs, you are meeting the system requirements, but using the app for an extended period should not result in the app slowing down for all participants.  

I can share your feedback with the team, if you identified certain actions that caused a lag, or if there are features not available the new app, please do let me know. Thanks.