Forum Discussion

kenklabeltraxx
Active Contributor
2 years ago

Can't type characters requiring the shift key on some remote sessions

I am using GTR Desktop Console 1.61.95 on Mac 12.6.3. When I connect to some unattended machines, different Windows OS's, 10, 11, 2012r2, 2016, 2019, 2022 - I can't type uppercase or special characters requiring the shift key. I try switching preferences between local and remote keyboard settings, but that doesn't make a difference. 

jaggrey
    Active Contributor

I'm having the random issue where when typing in a password at an elevated prompt, characters where I need to hit the Shift key are not inputted.  I've only seen this behavior when typing in my admin password on a user's machine that does not have admin access.  I have not tested inputting the characters in general when not at a prompt.

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

Hi jaggrey welcome to the GoTo Community. I'd like to try and replicate your experience. Can you let me know the OS you are using? 

jaggrey
        Active Contributor

Hey KateG!  These are all Windows 10 or Windows 11 machines.

550c
      Active Contributor

I have the same issue

550c
    Active Contributor

Same issue for me. I cant enter passwords because the screen will change focus when entering a special character

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

I have combined these posts as they seem to be the same issue. 

550c can you please provide some more details about what you are experiencing? 

• Is this happening with specific characters, if yes which ones?
      • Are you entering the characters in an application window or a browser window, does it make a difference?
      • When the screen changes focus, what does it change focus to? (maybe a hotkey combination is being triggered) 

SBrown42
        Active Contributor

We have been having a similar issue for several months, though it is not consistent or every time.  We have found that it happens mostoften with the shriek (! character), but also with the £ symbol. 

With the password that comes to mind it is isn't the first character in the password and all of the preceeding characters are accepted ok (and are shown on the screen as the * character).  Clicking back on the session and then the password box changes the focus back, but it is annoying enough to cause several expletives in the office!